[TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY, PART II,
SECTION 3, SUB-SECTION (i)]
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE)
New Delhi, the 17th November, 2014
No. 110 / 2014 - CUSTOMS (N.T.)
G.S.R. 814 (E). In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (2) of section 75 of the Customs Act, 1962 (52
of 1962), sub-section (2) of section 37 of the Central Excise Act, 1944 (1 of 1944), and section 93A and sub-
section (2) of section 94 of the Finance Act, 1994 (32 of 1994), read with rules 3 and 4 of the Customs, Central
Excise Duties and Service Tax Drawback Rules, 1995 (hereinafter referred to as the said rules) and in
supersession of the notification of the Government of India in the Ministry of Finance (Department of Revenue)
No.98/2013-CUSTOMS (N.T.), dated the 14th September, 2013, published vide number G.S.R. 632 (E), dated the
14th September, 2013, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the
Central Government hereby determines the rates of drawback as specified in the Schedule annexed hereto
(hereinafter referred to as the said Schedule) subject to the following notes and conditions, namely:-
Notes and conditions:
(1) The tariff items and descriptions of goods in the said Schedule are aligned with the tariff items and
descriptions of goods in the First Schedule to the Customs Tariff Act, 1975 (51 of 1975) at the four-digit
level only. The descriptions of goods given at the six digit or eight digit or modified six or eight digits in the
said Schedule are in several cases not aligned with the descriptions of goods given in the said First
Schedule to the Customs Tariff Act, 1975.
(2) The General Rules for the Interpretation of the First Schedule to the said Customs Tariff Act, 1975
shall mutatis mutandis apply for classifying the export goods listed in the said Schedule.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in the said Schedule, -
(i) all artware or handicraft items shall be classified under the heading of artware or
handicraft (of constituent material) as mentioned in the relevant Chapters;
(ii) any identifiable ready to use machined part or component predominantly made of iron,
steel or aluminium, made through casting or forging process, and not specifically mentioned at six
digit level or more in Chapter 84 or 85 or 87, may be classified under the relevant tariff item
(depending upon material composition and making process) under heading 8487 or 8548 or 8708,
as the case may be, irrespective of classification of such part or component at four digit level in
Chapter 84 or 85 or 87 of the said Schedule;
(iii) the sports gloves mentioned below heading 4203 or 6116 or 6216 shall be classified in
that heading and all other sports gloves shall be classified under heading 9506.
(4) The figures shown in columns (4) and (6) in the said Schedule refer to the rate of drawback
expressed as a percentage of the free on board value or the rate per unit quantity of the export goods, as
the case may be.
(5) The figures shown in columns (5) and (7) in the said Schedule refer to the maximum amount of
drawback that can be availed of per unit specified in column (3).
(6) An export product accompanied with application for removal of excisable goods for export (ARE-1)
and forming part of project export (including turnkey export or supplies) for which no figure is shown in
column (5) and (7) in the said Schedule, shall be so declared by the exporter and the maximum amount of
drawback that can be availed under the said Schedule shall not exceed the amount calculated by
applying ad-valorem rate of drawback shown in column (4) or (6) to one and half times the ARE- 1 value.
(7) The figures shown in the said Schedule under the drawback rate and drawback cap appearing
below the column heading "Drawback when Cenvat facility has not been availed" refer to the total
drawback (Customs, Central Excise and Service Tax component put together) allowable and
those appearing under the column heading "Drawback when Cenvat facility has been availed" refer to the
drawback allowable under the Customs component. The difference between the two columns refers to the
Central Excise and Service Tax component of drawback. If the rate indicated is the same in both the
columns, it shall mean that the same pertains to only Customs component and is available irrespective of
whether the exporter has availed of Cenvat facility or not.
(8) The rates of drawback specified against the various tariff items in the said Schedule in specific
terms or on ad valorem basis, unless otherwise specifically provided, are inclusive of drawback for
packing materials used, if any.
(9) Drawback at the rates specified in the said Schedule shall be applicable only if the procedural
requirements for claiming drawback as specified in rules 11, 12 and 13 of the said rules, unless otherwise
relaxed by the competent authority, are satisfied.
(10) The rates of drawback specified in the said Schedule shall not be applicable to export of a
commodity or product if such commodity or product is -
(a) manufactured partly or wholly in a warehouse under section 65 of the Customs Act, 1962
(52 of 1962);
(b) manufactured or exported in discharge of export obligation against an Advance Licence or
Advance Authorisation or Duty Free Import Authorisation issued under the Duty Exemption
Scheme of the relevant Export and Import Policy or the Foreign Trade Policy:
Provided that where exports are made against Advance Licences issued on or
after the 1st April, 1997, in discharge of export obligations in terms of notification No.
31/97 - Customs, dated the 1st April, 1997, or against Duty Free Replenishment
Certificate Licence issued in terms of notification No. 48/2000-Customs, dated the 25th
April, 2000, or against Duty Free Replenishment Certificate Licence issued in terms of
notification No. 46/2002-Customs, dated the 22nd April, 2002, or against Duty Free
Replenishment Certificate Licence issued in terms of notification No. 90/2004-Customs,
dated the 10th September, 2004, drawback at the rate equivalent to Central Excise
allocation of rate of drawback specified in the said Schedule shall be admissible subject to
the conditions specified therein;
(c) manufactured or exported by a unit licensed as hundred per cent. Export Oriented Unit in
terms of the provisions of the relevant Export and Import Policy or the Foreign Trade Policy;
(d) manufactured or exported by any of the units situated in Free Trade Zones or Export
Processing Zones or Special Economic Zones;
(e) manufactured or exported availing the benefit of the notification No. 32/1997 Customs,
dated 01st April, 1997.
(11) The rates and caps of drawback specified in columns (4) and (5) of the said schedule shall not be
applicable to export of a commodity or product if such commodity or product is
(a) manufactured or exported by availing the rebate of duty paid on materials used in the
manufacture or processing of such commodity or product in terms of rule 18 of the Central
Excise Rules, 2002;
(b) manufactured or exported in terms of sub-rule (2) of rule 19 of the Central Excise Rules,
(12) Wherever specific rates have been provided against tariff item in the said Schedule, the drawback
shall be payable only if the amount is one per cent. or more of free on board value, except where the
amount of drawback per shipment exceeds five hundred rupees.
(13) The expression "when Cenvat facility has not been availed", used in the said Schedule, sha ll mean
that the exporter shall satisfy the following conditions, namely:-
(a) the exporter shall declare, and if necessary, establish to the satisfaction of the
Assistant Commissioner of Customs or Assistant Commissioner of Central Excise or Deputy
Commissioner of Customs or Deputy Commissioner of Central Excise, as the case may be, that
no Cenvat facility has been availed for any of the inputs or input services used in the manufacture
of the export product;
(b) if the goods are exported under bond or claim for rebate of duty of central excise, a
certificate from the Superintendent of Customs or Superintendent of Central Excise in-charge of
the factory of production, to the effect that no Cenvat facility has been availed for any of the inputs
or input services used in the manufacture of the export product, is produced:
Provided that the certificate regarding non-availment of Cenvat facility shall not be required in the
case of exports of handloom products or handicrafts (including handicrafts of brass artware) or finished
leather and other export products which are unconditionally exempt from the duty of central excise.
(14) Whenever a composite article is exported for which any specific rate has not been provided in the
said Schedule, the rates of drawback applicable to various constituent materials can be extended to the
composite article according to net content of such materials on the basis of a self-declaration to be
furnished by the exporter to this effect and in case of doubt or where there is any information contrary
to the declarations, the proper officer of customs shall cause a verification of such declarations.
(15) The term `article of leather' in Chapter 42 of the said Schedule shall mean any article wherein 60 %
or more of the outer visible surface area (excluding shoulder straps or handles or fur skin trimming, if any)
is of leather notwithstanding that such article is made of leather and any other material.
(16) The term "dyed", wherever used in the said Schedule in relation to textile materials, shall include
yarn or piece dyed or predominantly printed or coloured in the body.
(17) The term "dyed" in relation to fabrics and yarn of cotton, shall include "bleached or merceri sed or
printed or mélange''.
(18) The term "dyed" in relation to textile materials in Chapters 54 and 55 shall include "printed or
(19) In respect of the tariff items in Chapters 60, 61, 62 and 63 of the said Schedule, the blend
containing cotton and man-made fibre shall mean that content of man-made fibre in it shall be more than
15% but less than 85% by weight and the blend containing wool and man-made fibre shall mean that
content of man-made fibre in it shall be more than 15% but less than 85% by weight. The garment or
made-up of cotton or wool or man-made fibre or silk shall mean that the content in it of the respective
fibre is 85% or more by weight.
(20) The term "shirts" in relation to Chapters 61 and 62 of the said Schedule shall include "shirts with
(21) In respect of the tariff items appearing in Chapter 64 of the said Schedule, leather shoes, boots or
half boots for adult shall comprise the following sizes, namely: -
(a) French point or Paris point or Continental Size above 33;
(b) English or UK adult size 1 and above; and
(c) American or USA adult size 1 and above.
(22) In respect of the tariff items appearing in Chapter 64 of the said Schedule, leather shoes, boots or
half boots for children shall comprise the following sizes, namely: -
(a) French point or Paris point or Continental Size upto 33;
(b) English or UK children size upto 13; and
(c) American or USA children size upto 13.
(23) The drawback rates specified in the said Schedule against tariff items 711301, 711302 and
711401 shall apply only to goods exported by airfreight, post parcel or authorised courier through the
Custom Houses as specified in para 4A.12 of the Hand Book of Procedures (Vol. I), 2009-2014 published
vide Public Notice No.1 (RE-2012) / 2009-2014, dated the 5th June, 2012 of the Government of India in
the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, after examination by the Customs Appraiser or Superintendent to
ascertain the quality of gold or silver and the quantity of net content of gold or silver in the gold jewellery
or silver jewellery or silver articles. The free on board value of any consignment through authorised
courier shall not exceed rupees twenty lakhs.
(24) The drawback rates specified in the said Schedule against tariff items 711301, 711302 and
711401 shall not be applicable to goods manufactured or exported in discharge of export obligation
against any Scheme of the relevant Export and Import Policy or the Foreign Trade Policy of the
Government of India which provides for duty free import or replenishment or procurement from local
sources of gold or silver.
(25) "Vehicles" of Chapter 87 of the said Schedule shall comprise completely built unit or completely
knocked down (CKD) unit or semi knocked down (SKD) unit.
2. All claims for duty drawback at the rates of drawback notified herein shall be filed with reference to the tariff
items and descriptions of goods shown in columns (1) and (2) of the said Schedule respectively. Where, in respect
of the export product, the rate of drawback specified in the said Schedule is Nil or is not applicable, the rate of
drawback may be fixed, on an application by an individual manufacturer or exporter in accordance with the said
rules. Where the claim for duty drawback is filed with reference to tariff item of the said Schedule and it is for the
rate of drawback specified herein, an application, as referred under sub-rule (1) of rule 7 of the said rules shall not
3. This notification shall come into force on the 22nd day of November, 2014.