ITR filing becomes easy via new 'e-Filing Lite' portal - 5 things to know Income Tax Return
August, 12th 2019
Income Tax Return: Income Tax department has made lives easier for the taxpayers by launching 'e-Filing Lite' portal. The portal is meant for the tax payers who find filing of income tax returns (ITR) on their own a complicated and time-taking process.
Income Tax Return: Income Tax department has made lives easier for the taxpayers by launching 'e-Filing Lite' portal. The portal is meant for the tax payers who find filing of income tax returns (ITR) on their own a complicated and time-taking process. This new lighter version of its e-filing website can be accessed through the main income tax e-filing website only.
The new 'e-Filing Lite' portal is highly useful for taxpayers who just want to file their ITR returns on the website and do not want to do any other activity. The service had already started from August 1. Now all the registered users on the e-filing website have two ways to access the e-filing facility. The regular portal has more options and facilities while the 'Lite' version is focused exclusively on ITR filing only.
Ket things to know about 'e-Filing Lite' portal:
1. Taxpayers are free to use any of the two facilities to file ITR.
2. The left side of the income tax e-filing website's homepage has a new section- 'Quick ITR Filing', which takes you to the 'Lite' portal.
3. On the 'Lite' e-filing portal, you can file ITR, complete its e-verification process, download pre-fill XML, view form 26AS (for tax deducted at source credit) and check e-filed income tax returns (without XML/ITR/ITR-V download options).
4. If you want to use other features like e-proceeding, e-nivaran, compliance, worklist and profile settings you need to go to the full version of the portal that can be accessed by clicking on 'Portal Login' button in e-filing home page.
5. The 'Lite' version is aimed to enable easy and quick ITR filing by all categories of taxpayers.