sitemapHome | Registration | Job Portal for CA's | Expert Exchange | Currency Converter | Post Matrimonial Ads | Post Property Ads
News shortcuts: From the Courts | News Headlines | VAT (Value Added Tax) | Placements & Empanelment | Various Acts & Rules | Latest Circulars | New Forms | Forex | Auditing | Direct Tax | Customs and Excise | ICAI | Corporate Law | Markets | Students | General | Mergers and Acquisitions | Continuing Prof. Edu. | Budget Extravaganza | Transfer Pricing | GST - Goods and Services Tax
Latest Expert Exchange
Sales Tax »
 Clarification on Cash sale of agricultural produce by Cultivators/Agriculturists
 Short-term capital gains are taxable at income tax slab rates in the year of sale
 India imposes regressive nationwide sales tax
 Modification of Circular No.1 of 2014 in view of substitution of Service Tax by Goods and Services Tax (GST).
 Assam government to dismantle all sales tax check-gates post Goods and Services Tax
 Income tax: How to calculate capital gains tax on sale of old jewellery
 Six arrested for posing as Sales Tax officers, extorting money
 Insurance Agency Mergers and Acquisitions in Q1 "Explode," OPTIS Partners' Report Reveals
 Sales tax sleuths raid spare parts shops in Meerut's infamous Sotiganj market
 Income Tax: How offshore income could be taxed twice
 India finalises bills to launch new sales tax in July

Renovation expenses tax deductible while calculating capital gain on house sale
February, 19th 2013

I am an IT consultant. I received certain fee from my clients who did not deduct any TDS. Do I need to pay advance tax?

Devesh Kumar

As per Section 209 of the Income Tax Act, 1961, the tax deductible or collectible shall not be reduced from the amount of tax calculated on the estimated income to determine the advance tax payable, if the payer has paid or credited the income without deduction, or if the money is received or debited by the recipient without collection of tax. Therefore, as you have received fees without deduction, you will be liable for payment of advance tax.

I could not file my I-T returns for FY11 & FY12. Can I file the returns now?

Sanjeev Gupta

As per provisions of the Income Tax Act, if a taxpayer has not furnished the return of income within the time allowed under Section 139(1), he may furnish the return of income at any time before the expiry of one year from the end of the relevant assessment year or before the completion of assessment, whichever is earlier. Thus, you can file the return of income for FY11 by March 31, 2013, and for FY12, by March 31, 2014.

In 2010, I spent R7.5 lakh on renovating my house held for more than eight years. Now, I need to sell this house. Can I claim deduction of renovation expenses besides the cost of the house while calculating capital gain?

Home | About Us | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us
Copyright 2018 CAinINDIA All Right Reserved.
Designed and Developed by Binarysoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Binarysoft Technologies - About Us

Transfer Pricing | International Taxation | Business Consulting | Corporate Compliance and Consulting | Assurance and Risk Advisory | Indirect Taxes | Direct Taxes | Transaction Advisory | Regular Compliance and Reporting | Tax Assessments | International Taxation Advisory | Capital Structuring | Withholding tax advisory | Expatriate Tax Reporting | Litigation | Badges | Club Badges | Seals | Military Insignias | Emblems | Family Crest | Software Development India | Software Development Company | SEO Company | Web Application Development | MLM Software | MLM Solutions