Empanelment of Chartered Accountant Firms with the Office of C&AG for the year 2009-10 - ICAI
February, 21st 2009
The firms who have submitted their application online, available in the website of office of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India from 1st January to 20th February 2009 are required to furnish the following supporting documents, which should reach office of C&AG by 27th February 2009 preferably by speed post:
* Online acknowledgement letter generated at the time of filing online data containing a distinct acknowledgement number.
* Statement-I: Undertaking signed by the sole proprietor/all full time partners of the firm as per format.
* Statement II: Signatures of full time CA employees as per format.
* Statement III: Computation of income of each partner/sole proprietor from firm/ other sources as per format.
* Copy of partnership deed of the firm
* Copy of Income Tax return of the firm for the assessment year 2008-2009.
* Copy of the annual accounts of the CA firm along with all schedules for the year 2007-2008 including distribution of income among the partners.
* Copy of CISA certificate in respect of members who have qualified CISA.
* Duly filled up check list of the documents as per format. (to be placed on the top).
* Self addressed acknowledgment form for receipt of documents as per format.
The above documents should be addressed to:
Principal Director (Commercial)-I Office of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India, 10, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi-110124
On top of the envelope containing the documents, the following should be stated:
Regarding: Application for empanelment of Statutory Auditors
The documents should be properly tagged and page numbered. Members may note that office of C&AG owns no responsibility for loss of any documents, which are not properly tagged or sent subsequently in piecemeal. Only applications complete in all respects will be considered. Incomplete applications or documents received after the prescribed last date will not be entertained. The decision of the Office of C&AG of India in this respect will be final.
The information submitted by the CA firms is subject to verification with the details to be provided by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
This office reserve the right to inspect the offices of the Chartered Accountant firms empanelled with this office to verify the correctness of the information furnished in the application for empanelment.
The firms who give false information or information furnished is found to be incorrect will be disqualified from empanelment/allotment of audit for a period of 3 years and are liable for disciplinary action under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 and the regulations formed there under.
Members are required to comply with the aforesaid information and send it to office of C&AG by 27th February 2009 preferably by speed post.