September 17, 2014
Regional Rural Banks / State and Central Co-operative Banks
Madam / Dear Sir,
Implementation of Section 51-A of UAPA, 1967 - Updates of the UNSCR 1267(1999) / 1989(2011) Committee's Al-Qaida Sanctions List
Please refer to our circular RPCD.RRB.RCB.AML.No.2789/07.51.019/2014-15 dated September 9, 2014 on the captioned subject releasing 16th update dated August 26, 2014 regarding UNSCR 1267(1999) / 1989(2011) Committee's Al Qaida Sanctions List.
2. Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), UNP Division have forwarded 16th update of 2014 dated September 9, 2014 (copy enclosed). The press release pertaining to 16th update dated September 9, 2014 is available athttp://www.un.org/News/Press/docs//2014/sc11554.doc.htm
A link to the updated list of individuals and entities linked to Al Qaida is available at:
3. Regional Rural Banks and State / Central Cooperative Banks are required to update the list of individuals/entities as circulated by Reserve Bank and before opening any new account, it should be ensured that the name/s of the proposed customer does not appear in the list. Further, banks should scan all existing accounts to ensure that no account is held by or linked to any of the entities or individuals included in the list.
4. Banks are advised to strictly follow the procedure laid down in the UAPA Order dated August 27, 2009 enclosed to our circulars RPCD.CO.RRB.No.39/03.05.33 (E)/2009-10 dated November 05, 2009 andRPCD.CO.RF.AML.BC.No.34/07.40.00/ 2009-10 dated October 29, 2009 and ensure meticulous compliance to the Order issued by the Government.
5. As far as freezing of funds, financial assets or economic resources or related services held in the form of bank accounts of the designated individuals/entities are concerned, action should be taken as detailed in paragraph 6 of the circulars mentioned in paragraph 4 above.
6. A link to the press releases, in which the relevant changes to the list are announced, is posted on the Committee’s website at the following URL:
7. Compliance Officer/Principal Officer should acknowledge receipt of this circular to our Regional Office concerned.
Encl. as above