UBD.BPD (PCB) Cir.No.17/14.01.062/2014-15
September 17, 2014
The Chief Executive Officer
All Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks
Madam / Dear Sir,
Implementation of Section 51-A of UAPA, 1967 – Updates of the UNSCR 1267(1999) /1989(2011) Committee’s Al-Qaida Sanctions List - Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks (UCBs)
Please refer to our circular UBD.BPD.(PCB).Cir.No.13/14.01.062/2014-15 dated September 4, 2014 on the captioned subject releasing 16th update dated August 26, 2014 regarding UNSCR 1267(1999) /1989(2011) Committee’s Al-Qaida Sanctions List.
2. Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), UNP Division have forwarded 16th update of 2014 dated September 9, 2014 (copy enclosed). Press release pertaining to 16th update dated September 9, 2014 is available at
A link to updated list of individuals and entities linked to Al Qaida is available at:
3. Primary (Urban) Cooperative Banks are required to update the list of individuals/entities as circulated by Reserve Bank of India and before opening any new account, it should be ensured that the name/s of the proposed customer does not appear in the list. Further, banks should scan all existing accounts to ensure that no account is held by or linked to any of the entities or individuals included in the list.
4. UCBs are advised to strictly follow the procedure laid down in the UAPA Order dated August 27, 2009 enclosed to ourcircular UBD.CO.BPD.PCB.Cir.No.21/12.05.001/2009-10 dated November 16, 2009 and ensure meticulous compliance to the Order issued by the Government.
5. As far as freezing of funds, financial assets or economic resources or related services held in the form of bank accounts of the designated individuals/entities is concerned, action should be taken as detailed in paragraph 7 of the circular dated November 16, 2009 mentioned above.
6. A link of press releases in which the relevant changes to the list are announced are posted on the Committee’s website at the following URL:
Encls.: As above.