Gujarat Ecology Commission (herein after referred to as "GEC"), a Government of Gujarat undertaking invites sealed offer from Chartered Accountants 'Firm in two bid system for appointment as Pre cum Internal auditor of the organization. The details of eligibility criteria, earnest money deposit, experience, scope etc. are available in the tender documents.
Name of Work Appointment of Chartered Accountants' Firm for Pre cum Internal Audit Estimated Cost The CA Firm will be required to quote the Tender Form Fee(Non-Refundable) lump sum professional fees excluding taxes. Earnest Money Deposit(EMD) Rs. 1,500/- (cash/DD/cheque) Last Date of submission of tender Date of Opening of Technical bid Rs.15,000/- ( DD) Date of Opening of Financial bids Dt. 02/08/2021 up to 06:00PM
Dt. 03/08/2021at 12:00PM Date will be communicated separately to Technically Qualified bidders only.
The interested firm may submit their offer in the prescribed pro-forma provided herein, which includes Notice Inviting Tender, Eligibility Criteria, Other Terms & Conditions, Scope of Work, Technical Bid (Experience and Eligibility Criteria) and the Financial Bid (professional fees).The tender documents are available from dt. 23/07/21 to 02/08/21. The tender documents can be downloaded from website https://gec.gujarat.gov.in/
Place: Gandhinagar For, Gujarat Ecology Commission Date:22/07/2021 Director · A. ELIGIBILITYCRITERIAS:
1. The CA Firm must have paid non-refundable tender fees of 1,500/- "Rupees one thousand five hundred only" in the form of cash/DD/Cheque.
2. The CA Firm must have paid Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) of Rs. 15000/- (Demand draft of "Rupees fifteen thousand only" in favour of "Gujarat Ecology Commission " payable at Gandhinagar. EMD will be refunded after completion of the procedure for appointment of CA Firm.
3. The CA firm must be empanelled with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India, New Delhi for the last three financial years. (i.e. FY 2018-19, FY 2019-20 & FY 2020-21) as well as for the current financial year. (Please submit Copy of Empanelment letter issued by C&AG office, mere acknowledgement for submission of empanelment request/application will not be considered and firm will be technically disqualified.)
4. The CA firm should have been registered for a period of 25 years as on 22-07-2021 from the date of registration of the firm.(Copy of self-attested registration certificate with ICAI is required to be submitted.)
5. The CA Firm must be at least 8 partners out of which 4 should be FCA. The firm should have staff strength of 50 employees.(Please submit Copy of Partnership Deed along with self-certified copy of registration letter issued by ICAI showing particulars of Partners and Qualified/ Paid Assistants in employment with the firm). Further, a list of each individual partner showing the firm(s) in which he/she is engaged as partner or any other capacity must be submitted showing status as on 22-07-2021.
6. The firm must have valid Goods and Services Tax Registration.(Please submit Copy of Registration Certificate).
7. The CA firm must have the average income from Audit and Attestation assignment should be more than 50 lakh. (Please submit the copy of audited Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Statements along with Income Tax Return for three years FY 2018-19, 2 0 1 9 - 2 0 & for the FY 2020-21 Audited & if not available then certified Unaudited).
8. The CA firm's registered office should be located in Gujarat.(Copy of self-attested registration certificate with ICAI is required to be submitted as on 22/07/2021.
9. The firm shall have carried out at least TEN assignments of Pre cum Internal/internal Audit of Office of Government Companies/ Corporations / Boards/ Public Limited Companies during last five years.(Self-attested copies of appointment letters and work certificate shall be submitted).Refer Annexure-III-Point No.09.
10. The Firm must have peer review certificate and ISO certificate for the last five years.
11. The CA firm must not have been debarred/delisted or black listed by any State Government / Central Government I PSU / Reputed Organizations for any reason in the last three financial years as on bid calling date. In such cases, the firm is not eligible for appointment .It has also to disclose that any disciplinary action has not been taken by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or any adverse action has not been taken by any Government Authority against the firm/any Partner of the Firm. (Please submit Self Declaration duly singed on Letter Head of Firm as per Annexure- II).
12. The Firm/Organization shall have to depute 1 qualified and experienced Chartered Accountant with at least five years of experience at the office of the GEC, Gandhinagar for a week per quarter regularly. Also for pre audit work audit team will visit the office twice a week. Work shall have to be carried out at GEC office.
(Please submit all above details with evidences and fill up Checklist given in Annexure-III of this Technical Bid)
*Firms/Companies complying who fulfill above eligibility criteria shall only apply. B. SCOPE OF WORK:
The Pre cum Internal audit of the organization will be carried out in accordance with Standards on Auditing issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and other guidelines, guidance notes relating to Internal Financial Controls and relevant pronouncements of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. The major areas of audit which shall be covered are as under; SCOPE OF SERVICES:
Pre cum Internal Audit will be carried out in accordance with the general principles and standards of Consultancy laid down by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and will include such tests and controls as the Chartered Accountant considers necessary under the circumstances. In conducting the consultancy work, special attention should be given to the following: a. That, the grant received has been used in accordance with the conditions of the relevant financing agreements, with due attention to transparency, economy and efficiency and only for the purposes for which the financing was provided.
b. That, works financed have been procured in accordance with relevant financing agreements and as per the State Government norms/ guidelines , General Financial rules 2017 for procurement of works, goods & consultancy.
c. That, all expenditures incurred is as per the approved budget.
d. That, all necessary supporting documents such as records, vouchers, bids, bidding documents, etc. and books of accounts have been kept in respect of all procurements & expenditures including beneficiary / community contributions and expenditures covered by monthly reports.
e. In case where the advances given to University or other Organizations etc, auditor has to check that clear linkages exist between the books of accounts maintained by University/organizations and the reports & Utilization certificate submitted to the GEC.
f. For works contracts, the Auditor shall verify from the records of the books of accounts that there is adequate linkage between measurement books and contractors’ running bills (duly approved by the competent authorities). The contractors’ ledger is updated and all Pre cum Internal deductions and mobilization advances recovered while making payments.
g. Auditor has to file Income tax TDS returns of GEC, for PLA accounts & other projects run by GEC.
h. GST TDS returns for each month for PLA account & all other projects.
i. Checking of Tax Deduction at Source(TDS)under various sections of Income Tax Act as per Amendments and Goods and Service Tax(GST)etc.
j. Accounting Procedure, Classification, Guide lines etc. k. All registers viz Cheque book , cash book dead stock register , fixed asset register should be
i. Auditor has to prepare Utilization certificates on quarterly basis of PLA accounts and other Projects.
j. That, the assets sanctioned and created under the PLA account and Project (including goods, works and services contracts) have been: 1. Auditor shall verify that a sample of assets procured and created under the project is inspected and verified by the Project head, and there exists a clear linkage between such inspection and/or verification and the expenditures incurred.
2. Verify that the advances given to the community groups are as per the relevant MoU between GEC and the community groups, and verify that adequate proper records are maintained at GEC for advances given to the Community groups.
3. Based on the internal audit, the auditor shall prepare and submit the following :
i. An executive summery highlighting key issues, weakness and way forward.
ii. Specific comments, including specific discussion on each such expenditure as to why these are considered ineligible expenses. For the examination of the records, the Auditors will apply such test and controls, as considers necessary under the circumstances.
iii. Comments and observations on the accounting records, systems and controls that were examined during the course of the financial audit for the relevant financial year.
iv. Comments on the degree of compliance of each of the financial covenants v. on the financing agreements and give comments if any, on internal and external
matters affecting such compliance;
vi. Recommendations to address specific deficiencies and weakness that had been identified in systems and controls;
vii. Description of matters that have emerged during the Pre cum Internal Audit work which might have a significant impact on the implementation of the project; and
viii. Any other comments and/ or recommendations considered important by Auditors that would need the attention of the GEC.
A work plan will be prepared by the auditor in consultation with the GEC based on the concept of risk and materiality as discussed with GEC.
Quantum of the work at GEC
GEC has received following grants during last three years and current year approved grant.
Particulars Grant (Rs.)
2021-22 20,16,00,000( approved grant) C. GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. The pre audit assignment shall be carried out on the continuous / concurrent basis i.e. the audit will be done by the CA Firm be for the release of the payment i.e. pre-audit of the expense, to the various agencies for the period 01-04-2021 to31- 03-2022. A CA Firm has to deploy 1 qualified Chartered Accountant with 2 assistants having five years' experience in the relevant field especially Government audit who will approve the bills/vouchers/payments etc. Before release of the payment.
2. The Audit Team will have to visit at least twice a week and in addition, in case of urgent payment, the firm will have to visit as and when required. All expenditures /payments exceeding 10,000/-shall be pre audited. However Pre cum Internal/committed payment like Municipal Tax, Telephone, Mobile, Electricity, Aviation fuel charges and any charges relating to emergency etc. will have to be post audited, If Pre Audit was not possible.
3. The Firm shall have to issue certificate in the prescribed form stating "approved or not approved" with Total approved amount separately consist of Net Payment, TDS amount under which sections & GST amount as per Income Tax & GoodsandServiceTaxActandshallcommunicateanycomments/objectionstotheSenio r Manager Projects of the organization in writing with rubber stamp in a prescribed format or the observation if any to shall be communicated.
4. If any serious misappropriation and/ or fraud found during the Pre Audit, then the CA firm must report the same to Senior Manager Project immediately in writing to be followed by personal discussion.
5. The firm shall issue an Internal Audit Report on quarterly basis (apart from the routine/pre audit certificate) along with the quarterly statements of expenditure against approved budget to the management of the organization within 15 days of completion of each Quarter with suggestive measures to be taken. The firm shall assist the organization in audit of the Comptroller& Auditor General of India.
6. Bid validation period is for 90 days.
7. The Firm shall submit Physical only Technical Bid papers."Technical Bid for Pre cum Internal Audit or "subscribing as such and giving documentary evidence of the above referred eligibility criteria along with the check list given in the tender document signed by the Partner of the firm, at "Gujarat Ecology Commission, Block no. 18/1, sector 11, Udyog Bhavan,Gandhinagar-382011by Registered Post,Speed Post or Courier only so as to reach on or before 02/08/2021up to 06:00 PM hours.
8. The Financial Bid of the firm not meeting above eligibility criteria shall not be opened. Similarly, if supporting evidences are not given then the technical bid will be liable to be rejected. GEC reserves right to ask for any other documents /evidence for the purpose of technical evaluation.
9. A CA firm which will be appointed for the assignment shall submit the Security Deposit of 10% (Ten) of the total annual fees payable as per the financial bid within 7 (seven) working days from the issue of Letter of Intent (LOI). The Security Deposit will be returned after successful completion of the assignment and submission of the reports.
10. Sub-Contracting is strictly prohibited and will be liable for immediate termination of assignment.
11. The Member Secretary reserves all rights to appoint any one or more Chartered Accountant or their firm for the related assignment or any other assignment as per the requirements of the organization.
12. Any project, scheme, program, activity or work under taken by the organization will be considered a s a part of the organization's activities.
13. Decision of the Member Secretary will be final in respect of any interpretation of terminology or any contents of the tender document. Member Secretary of the organization reserves right to cancel the tender without giving any reasons thereof.
14. Tender shall be submitted in prescribed/ official tender document only. If tender is submitted in any other format, then the same will be rejected summarily.
15. The firm of Chartered Accountant or its sister concern firm presently appointed and as Pre cum Internal auditor or Pre Auditor or Internal Auditor for GEC cannot apply for this engagement.
16. Please note that, GEC may extend the services for further period of two (2) years with mutual consent and satisfactory work subject to yearly review.
17. Each page of this Tender must be stamped and signed by Partner of CA Firm, failing which the firm will be technically disqualified and Financials Bid will not be opened.
D. RATES & PAYMENT TERMS:
As per the Guideline No. 1-CA (7)/03/2016, dated 7th April 2016 issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountant of India, The CA Firm will be required to quote the lump sum professional fees excluding taxes. Minimum fees to be quote is Rs. 390000/- p.a. The rates invited will be inclusive of Traveling Expenses, Stationery Expenses, Communication Expenses and all other out of pocket expenditure relating to the said assignment. However, the Goods and Services Tax only shall be paid separately at the applicable rate. Fees will be paid on Quarterly basis after submission of the Internal Audit Report within 30 days from the end of relevant Quarter.
E. TAXES AND DUTIES:
Goods and Services Tax will be paid by the Organization as per the rate applicable. Any other types of taxes and duties applicable will be paid by the CA Firm.
F. EVALUATION CRITERIA:
1. Method of Selection: Firms/ Companies complying who fulfill eligibility criteria qualified for Financial Bid.
2. Ranking of the Bidder: As per fulfillment of qualifying eligibility criteria & as per Financial Bid. The First ranked firm may then be selected by the organization as per fulfillment of eligibility criteria and Financial Bid for appointment.
The CA Firm, their partners and personnel shall not disclose any proprietary or confidential information relating to the assignment or the Organization and its programs, schemes, projects etc. without prior written consent of the competent authority. All reports and other documents submitted by the CA Firm shall become and remain the property of the Organization(GEC) and the CA Firm shall on termination or expiration of the assignment, deliver all such documents and report to the competent authority of the Organization except retain their working papers.
1. In the event of gross negligence, irregularity, laxity or misconduct on the part of the CA firm's personnel, the assignment may be terminated and the CA firm may get black listed at the discretion of the competent authority of the Organization, which shall be communicated to all the Government Companies, Departments, Boards, Corporation and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for debarring such firm from any assignment of any Government work.
2. The violation of any of the terms will invoke penalty. It will be the responsibility of the CA firm to complete the assignment with full knowledge and experience of the work with proper care and time. Failure to do so leading to either undue delay or laxity or failure or incorrect report will make the CA Firm liable for being removed from the assignment by the competent authority of the Organization after issuance of the notice. In this respect, the decision of the competent authority of the Organization shall be final including deciding the amount of penalty.
Place: Gandhinagar For Gujarat Ecology Commission Date:22/07/2021
Director Annexure-1 (To be printed on the letter head of the Firm/LLP)
1. Name of the Firm/Organization:- 2. Year of Establishment:- 3. Firm Registration No. with ICAI, New Delhi: 4. Constitution(Partnership/Organization):- 5. Office Address:- 6. Phone No:- Email:-
7. Details of Partners:-
Sr. Name ACA/FCA Membership Post No. No./year of Reg. Qualificati
with ICAI on
Experience 8. Details of Staff:- A. Details of the Total Staff:-
Sr. Particulars No. Total No.
1. Chartered Accountants
2. Audit Staff
3. Article Staff
(B)Details of Chartered Accountants in Employment (Other than Partners)
Sr Name ACA/FCA Membership Working Post No./Year of with the Qualificati . Reg. as C.A. firm since on No Experience .
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 9. Experience: (A)Pre cum Internal Audit of office of
Sr. Name of Org. Address of Year of Audit Report No. Org. allotment of submitted or Audit not?
(B) Internal Audit of office of GovernmentCorporation/Organization/Board/PublicLimitedCompanies/Semi. GovernmentOrganization:-
Sr. Name of Org. Address of Org. Year of Audit No. allotment of Report Audit submitted 1. or not? 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9.
Note1:-Attached copies of Appointment orders for all appointments for Sr.No.9(A)to9(8) Note2:- Attach copies of Work Certificate for Sr.No.9(A)to9(8)
10. Details of key Personnel to be deputed for audit work of GEC including name of the Senior Partner in Charge of the Audit:-
Sr.No. Name Designation Qualification Total Date of Contact No. Experience Appointment &Addres s Annexure-11
Letter for Declaration of Debarment
This is to certify that I____________ undersigned fully authorized
by(Name of Firm) to submit this tender document "Engagement of Chartered
Accountant's firm for Pre cum Internal Audit of Gujarat Ecology Commission.
This is further certify that our firm is not debarred /delisted by any government Organization ,Department, Board, Corporation or any other organization /undertaking or there is no adverse action taken or proposed against firms or any of its partner /directors by any authority. In case of any adverse/ disciplinary action is initiated during the procedure for appointment of CA Firm for this assignment and also after appointment (If selected), the Organization (GEC) can terminate the appointment without assigning reasons thereof. We here by confirm that all the information given in tender document submitted here by is correct.
NAME OF THE FIRM WITH STAMP & SIGNATURE OF THE PARTNER Annexure-111 Checklist of Documents/Evidence Submitted with Technical Offer
Sr. Documents Required Yes/ Page Eligibility Criteria No No.
1. The CA Firm must have paid Rs. 1,500/- ( cash, cheque, DD) tender fees of 1,500/-
2. The CA Firm must have Demand Draft of Rs. 15,000/- in favour
paidEMDofRs.15,000/- of “Gujarat Ecology Commission’’
payable at Gandhinagar
3. CA firm must be empanelled Self-Certified copy of Empanelment
with the Comptroller &Auditor Letter issued by C&AG, New Delhi for
General of India, the last three financial years. (i.e.
4. CA firm should have Copy of self-attested registration
Registered for 25 years as on Certificate with ICAI is required to be
22/07/2021 from the date of submitted
registration of the firm with
5. The CA Firm must be at Copy of Partnership Deed along with
least 8 partners out of which self-certified copy of registration letter
4 should be FCA. The firm issued by ICAI showing particulars of should have staff strength of Partners and Qualified/ paid Assistants in employment with the firm shall be 50 employees. required. Further, a list of each
individual partner showing the firm(s)
in which he/she is engaged as partner
or any other capacity must be
submitted showing status as on
22/07/2021. 6. The firm must have valid Copy of Registration Certificate. Goods and Services Tax Registration.
7. The CA firm must have the Copy of audited Balance Sheet
average income from Audit and Profit and Loss Statements and Attestation assignment along with Income Tax Returns should be more than 50 lakh for the F.Y.2018-19,F.Y.2019-20 as Professional Income. & F.Y, 2020-21
Sheet and Profit and Loss
Statements along with Income
8. The CA firm’s registered office Copy of self-attested registration Should be located in Gujarat . certificate with ICAI is required
to be submitted as on 22/07/2021
9. The firm shall have carried Copies of self-attested
out at least Ten assignments appointment letters and work
of Internal/Pre cum Internal certificate shall be submitted.
Audit of Office of
Companies during last five
year ending March 2021.
10. Copied of the certificates should The Firm must have be submitted.
peer review certificate
and ISO certificate for
the last five years. 10. CA firm must not have been Declaration on the Stamp Paper debarred/delisted or Of Rs. 300 as per Annexure-II.
blacklisted in past by any
Company, Board, Society or
Corporation or by other
institution. It has also to
disclose that any
disciplinary action has been
taken by ICAI against the
firm/any Partner. In such
cases the firm is not eligible
for appointment. 11. The Firm/Company shall Self Declaration on letter Head of The Firm/Company. Have to depute1 qualified
And experienced Chartered
Accountant having at least
five years of experience
along with two assistants
at the office of
the GEC office,
Gandhinagar a week per
quarter regularly. Work
Shall have to be carried out
at GEC office at
FINANCIAL OFFER FORM
Sr. Particulars Fees(Excluding Tax) No.
01. For providing services of Pre cum Internal Audit fortheF.Y.2021-22 as per terms of the tender & appointment and Scope.
1. Goods and service tax will be paid extra at applicable rates,
2. TA/DA & conveyance & out of pocket for GEC’s work are included in the above fees.
Note: This Financial offer should be submitted in separate envelop.