New ITR e-filing portal to be launched today. Check out these 6 new features
June, 07th 2021
The new customer-friendly income tax return e-filing portal is integrated with immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) will facilitate faster refunds for taxpayers
Taxpayers will be able to proactively update their profile to provide certain details of income which will be used in pre-filling their ITR
The new system will also include a new call center for taxpayer assistance for prompt response to taxpayer queries
Functionalities for filing Income Tax Forms, Add tax professionals, submit responses to notices in faceless scrutiny or Appeals would be made available
New Delhi: The Income Tax Department is going to launch its new e-filing portal today (7th June 2021). This new portal will also have an all-new mobile app. Information regarding pre-filed income tax details, ITR Form and Saral Income Tax facilities will be made available on the new e-filing portal.
The income tax return e-filling portal 2.0 is expected to provide taxpayers with convenience and a modern seamless experience by way of providing multiple tech-enabled features to the users. The tax department will utilise this website for both ITR filing and for responding to queries and to give out orders like assessments, appeals, exemption and penalties.
New features of income tax return e-filing portal 2.0:
1. Immediate processing of ITRs: The new e-filing portal will be integrated with immediate processing of Income Tax Returns(ITRs) so that quick refunds can be issued to taxpayers.
2. Mobile Application: After the launch of the new e-filing site, a mobile app will be launched which will facilitate all key functions available on the site for full-time access on mobile network.
3. New Dashboard: The new e-filing portal will provide a new single dashboard that will display all interactions, uploads or pending actions for follow-up by the taxpayer.
4. Interactive ITR Preparation Software: The taxpayers will be provided with free-of-cost offline and online ITR preparation software. The taxpayer-friendly software will involve interactive questions which will help taxpayers. Even people without any prior tax knowledge can use this portal for pre-filling the returns and minimising data entry effort in filing their ITRs.
5. Tutorials, chatbot, live agents to aid taxpayers: There will be tutorials, videos, call centre and chatbot or live agent embedded in the site to address queries of taxpayers. The new call center will assist the taxpayers with FAQs.
6. New payment options: In order to ensure easy payments, the new ITR website also has a new online payment system with multiple payment options like net banking, UPI, credit card and RTGS or NEFT from any account of the taxpayer in any bank, compared to the existing system which only had UPI, Credit Card for payment of taxes.
The I-T department has clarified that the new tax payment system will be launched on June 18, 2021 after the advance tax installment date to avoid any taxpayer inconvenience. The mobile app will also be released subsequent to the initial launch of the portal, to enable taxpayers to get familiar with the various features.