All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
April, 28th 2021
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CON-CURRENT AUDIT OF EXTRAMURAL GRANTS
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Bhubaneswar invites Expression of Interest for “Empanelment of Chartered Accountant Firm (01)” for conducting con-current Audit from reputed empanelled chartered accountant firms based in Bhubaneswar for a period of two years for extramural grants received by Research Cell of the Institute under Two Bid System.
Detailed description, terms & conditions and all documents along with last date of the submission of the tender can be viewed and downloaded from the AIIMS, Bhubaneswar website www.aiimsbhubaneswar.nic.in. The last date of submission of expression of interest is 15.05.2021 at 12.00 noon.
Dean (Research) AIIMS, Bhubaneswar Room No 346, Level 3
Academic Block Procedure for Submission of Proposal
1. The participating firms are requested to read the TOR and instructions carefully and submit their proposal in two separate sealed envelopes marked as “Technical Bid” containing all necessary documents required and as per check list provided in bid document & “Financial Bid” containing the rate quoted as per format provided in the bid document. Both the covers should be placed in another cover super-scribed “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CON-CURRENT AUDIT OF EXTRAMURAL GRANTS, AIIMS Bhubaneswar”.
2. Last date of submission of Expression of Interest - 15th May 2021 (by 12.00 Noon)
3. Display of Eligible Firms on the institute website - 22th May 2021
4. Opening of financial Bids - 25th May 2021 (3.00 pm)
5. The proposals complete in all respect may be addressed to the Dean (Research), Room No – 346, 3rd Floor, Academic Block, AIIMS Bhubaneswar by Speed Post/Registered Post.
Signature of the Bidder with Seal TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR) FOR TAKING UP CON-CURRENT AUDIT OF EXTRAMURAL RESEARCH GRANT OF DIFFERENT RESEARCH PROJECTS AT AIIMS BHUBANESWAR
1. Background: AIIMS Bhubaneswar has been receiving Grants in Aid from different medical &
scientific organisations like Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), DST, SERB, CDT & other Government Organisations. Also, different private sector Pharma Companies are releasing funds for particular Research Projects. In the financial year 2020-21 the research section received approximately Rs. 7.15 crore from different agencies. 2. Objectives:
Such funding agencies require that their funds should be audited by Statutory Auditors (Chartered Accountants) & a report to that effect is to be submitted by the Project Investigators (PI) to such funding agencies. 3. The Task:
The auditing work includes examination of the Cash Book, Stock Register of Consumables, Disposables, Chemicals, Reagents, Drugs & also Medical Equipment’s, apparatus, etc if any. 4. Schedule of Completion of Task:
The Audit work along with submission of the report should be completed within 15 working days from the date of commencement of the work. 5. The inputs to be provided by AIIMS:
a) The Cash Book b) Vouchers c) Stock Register d) Bank Statement e) The Approved Budget f) Sanction order of the Funding Organisation g) Relevant file relating to Purchase, Appointment & Salary of Staff engaged h) Any other information relevant to the Account.
Signature of the Bidder with Seal 6. Key Deliverables: An Audit Report which should comprise of: a) Receipt & Payment Account b) Income & Expenditure Account c) Balance Sheet d) Bank Reconciliation Statement e) Schedule of Assets (wherever applicable) f) Utilisation Certificate (in the appropriate format as prescribed by the funding organisation) g) Statement of Expenditure
7. Payment Procedure: The payment shall be made on receipt of bill raised by the consultant after
deduction of TDS at the applicable rate on quarterly basis. 8. Conditional Bids
Conditional Bids shall not be considered and shall be rejected out rightly. 9. Cancellation of Bid
AIIMS Bhubaneswar reserves the right to cancel any or all bids without assigning any reason thereto. 10. Settlement of Dispute, if any:
All disputes or differences arising during the execution of the contract shall be resolved by the mutual discussion, failing which the matter will be referred to an Arbitrator who will be appointed by the Director, AIIMS Bhubaneswar for arbitration for settlement of disputes in accordance with Arbitration & Conciliation Act 1996 or its subsequent amendment, whose decision shall be binding on the contracting parties.
The contract shall be g overned under Indian Contract Act 1872 and instructions thereon from t h e government of India. The Court of Bhubaneswar s h a l l alone ha ve j u r i s d i c t i o n to decide a n y dispute arising out of or in respect of the contract.
Signature of the Bidder with Seal Eligibility & Pre-Qualification Criteria
1. The Chartered Accountant firm should be constituted under the statutes as laid down by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and the proprietor/ partners/ members of the firm required to be bona-fide member of the Institute.
2. The registered office should be within the jurisdiction of Bhubaneswar, Odisha. 3. The Bidder may be Proprietorship Firm, Partnership Firm, Limited Company or Corporate
Body legally constituted. 4. The firm should be empanelled with the CAG and it should be valid on the date of taking
part in the bid. 5. The firm should have at least five years of experience in auditing the Accounts of any
Public-Sector Undertaking (PSU)/Autonomous Body of Central or State Government. 6. The firm should have at least three years’ experience in Auditing the Accounts of Research
Grants funded by Central Government/State Government to any PSU/Autonomous Body. Auditing the Research Grant of Medical Institution shall be considered as additional qualification. 7. The bidder should not have been blacklisted by any Central Government/State Government/PSU/Autonomous Body during last five years. 8. The bidder should have the GST Registration. 9. An agreement in prescribed proforma is required to be executed between AIIMS Bhubaneswar through its Authorized Signatory (1st party) & the successful bidder (2nd party). 10. The party to the Contract shall be AIIMS Bhubaneswar as 1st party & the successful bidder to whom the work shall be assigned as 2nd party valid for two years.
Signature of the Bidder with Seal Bid Evaluation Criteria
The bid shall be evaluated in the following manner (two Bid System): 1. Technical Evaluation:
This shall include examination of the data relating to Registration, Empanelment, Experience & other criteria as per the proforma prescribed in Technical Bid. The result of Technical Bid Evaluation shall be intimated to the bidders who qualify the Technical Bid. 2. Financial Evaluation:
This shall be based on the Least Cost System (LCS). Therefore, subject to qualifying the Technical Bid, the work shall be awarded to the L1 bidder who shall quote the lowest service charge including GST. 3. Validity of Bid:
The bid(s) shall be kept valid for a period of 180 days from the opening of the Tender. 4. Opening of Bid:
Both the Technical & Financial Bids shall be opened on the Date & Time mentioned at page 2 and the result will be published in the Official Website of AIIMS Bhubaneswar. The concerned bidders or their authorised representatives may like to remain present at the time of opening of the above-mentioned bids. In case the scheduled date for opening of the bids becomes a holiday, the bid(s) shall be opened in the next working day at the same time.
Signature of the Bidder with Seal TECHNICAL BID
(In sealed Cover-I super scribed “Technical Bid”)
Sl. Particulars Submitted Page No. (Yes/ No) No.
1. Name & Address of the Firm /Organisation/ Agency with phone number, email and name & mobile or telephone number of contact person. Also state whether proprietorship/ partnership/ company under Companies Act.
2. Details of Registration of firm
(attach photocopy of Incorporation Certificate) 3. Empanelment with CAG with validity
(attach copy of relevant document) 4. Address of the firm at Bhubaneswar with telephone
number and email address
5. Details about your agency, clearly indicating details of
managerial, supervisory and other staff, also indicate the
number of muster roll staff available for performing this
service: (Undertaking in letter head of the firm
confirming the availability of the adequate manpower of
requisite qualification & experience for deployment in
AIIMS, Bhubaneswar for timely completion of the audit
work.) as per Annexure-A
6. Work Experience as per Annexure-B
7. PAN No. (enclose the attested copy of PAN Card)
8. GST No. (enclose the attested copy of GST Registration
Certificate of the firm)
9. Undertaking on Firms Letter Head as per Annexure-C
10. Acceptance of terms & conditions.
(Please download the bid document and sign with seal
each page as token of acceptance of terms & conditions
and submit as part of tender document.)
11. Power of Attorney/Authorization for signing the Bid
documents (in case it is not a proprietorship firm)
Signature of the Bidder with Seal
Declaration by the Tenderer: This is to certify that I/We before signing this tender have read and fully understood all the terms and conditions contained herein and undertake myself/ourselves to be abided by them. The information submitted in this bid are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Experience in the work of Audit of Accounts. Particulars of experience (attach certificate, testimonials).
This shall cover the details of works of similar nature, approximate magnitude and duration carried out
and/or on hand for last 03 years along with a certificate from the organisation where the job was carried
out (in following format).
Name of the
complete Details of work Total Reason for done/ experience contract Termination SI address & telephone From To amount if any No. numbers
to whom services
2. 3. 4. 5.
Signature of the Bidder with Seal Annexure – C
UNDERTAKING WITH REGARD TO BLACKLISTING/ NON- DEBARMENT BY ANY ORGANISATION
(To be typed on the Letter Head of the Firm)
I………………………………………………………... S/D/W/o…………………....……….................................. Resident of ............................................................................................................................ ................................................................................................................................................. do solemnly pledge and affirm that, 1. I am the Proprietor/Partner/Director /authorized signatory of
M/s. ...................................................... 2. The Proprietor / Partner /Director of the firm/ company and also the firm/ company has
never been blacklisted/ debarred/ de-registered for audit/ accounting services by any Government authority/ organisation/ PSU during the last 5 years.
Signature of the Bidder with Seal
Annexure – D
DRAFT AGREEMENT FORMAT The agreement is made at Bhubaneswar on the ______________________ day of ___________________________ Two Thousand Twenty one between All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar, through Dean Research, AIIMS, Bhubaneswar, having its office at AIIMS, Bhubaneswar-751019 (herein after called ‘Client’ which expression shall, unless repugnant to the context or meaning thereof be deemed to mean and include its successors, legal representatives and assigns) of the First Party.
and M/s ______________________________________ (Second Party) having its registered office at ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________ (herein after called the ‘Agency’ which expression unless repugnant to the context shall mean and include its successors-in-interest assigns etc.) of the Second Party. WHEREAS the ‘Client’ is desirous to engage the ‘Agency’ for providing Audit of the Accounts of Extramural Research Grant for AIIMS, BHUBANESWAR at Bhubaneswar on the terms and conditions stated below:
1. All the clauses of the Terms of Reference (TOR) of EOI tender will from as the part of this agreement.
2. Any violation of instruction/agreement or suppression of facts will attract cancellation of agreement without any reference or any notice period.
3. The contract can be terminated by giving one-month notice by the AIIMS, Bhubaneswar. 4. In case on non-compliance with the contract, the Client reserves its right to:
(a) Cancel/revoke the contract; and/or (b) Impose penalty up to 2% of the Total Annual Value of Contract 5. The Agency also agrees to comply with annexed Terms and Conditions i.e. Terms of Reference of the Tender and amendments thereto from time to time. 6. Decision of client in regard to interpretation of the Terms & Conditions i.e. Terms of Reference of the Tender shall be final and binding of the Agency. 7. The Agency shall ensure full compliance with tax laws of India with regard to this Contract and shall be solely responsible for the same. The Agency shall keep Client fully indemnified against liability of tax, interest, penalty and any other legal liability etc. of the Agency in respect thereof, which may arise.
8. In case of any dispute between the Agency and Client, Client shall have the right to decide and matter will be resolved mutually failing which matter may be referred to an Arbitrator in a c co rda n ce with Arbitration & Conciliation Act 1 9 9 6 or i t s subsequent amendment. However, all matters of jurisdiction shall be at the local courts of Bhubaneswar.
9. THIS AGREEMENT shall take effect from ________ day of ______________ Two Thousand Twenty-one and shall be valid for 01 year, extendable for another one year on mutually agreeable conditions, subject to satisfactory performance.
This Day of _________________________________ 2021 both the parties here to have caused their respective common seals to be hereunto affixed / (or have hereunto set their respective hands and seals) the day and year mentioned above in Bhubaneswar in the presence of the witness.
For and on behalf of the ‘Agency’ For and on behalf of the ‘ ‘AIIMS Bhubaneswar’
Signature of the Signature of the Authorized Official Authorized Official
Name of the Official Name of the Official Stamp/Seal of the ‘Agency’ (With Seal)
SIGNED, SEALED AND DELIVERED By the said ____________________ ______________________ (Name) By the said ______________________ _______________________ on _________________________(Name) behalf of ‘AIIMS Bhubaneswar’ in _________________________ on Behalf of ‘Agency’ in presence of presence of witness _____________ Witness ______________________ Name ________________________ Name _______________________ Address______________________ Address _____________________ ____________________________ ____________________________ DISCLAIMER
This tender is not an offer by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar, but an invitation to receive offer from bidders/firm/agency etc. No contractual obligation whatsoever shall arise from this tender process unless and until a formal contract is signed and executed by duly authorized officers of AIIMS, Bhubaneswar with the selected bidder/firm/agency.