Tally for CAs in Industry Silver Edition (Single User) Tally Renewal (Auditor Edition) Need Tally for Clients? (Tie-up with us!!!)
Open DEMAT Account with in 24 Hrs and start investing now!
Direct Tax »
Open DEMAT Account in 24 hrs
  Notification No. 3/2021 CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES
 Income-Tax department brings out 'faceless penalty scheme'
 Know how to check income tax refund status Filed ITR
 Notification No. 1/2021 CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES
 Income Tax alert! Important ITR filing refund message for you
 Not filing ITR of your own? You may not get income tax refund
 How to file your income tax return online ITR filing
 ITR due date almost here! Missing the Dec 31 deadline will attract penalty twice that of last year
 Tax and policy reforms that can stimulate growth in 2021
  ITR filing made easy with Jhatpat Processing Here s all you need to know
  How to approach tax saving when you have few months left in a financial year

Exhausted Section 80C Income Tax saving options? No problem! Try these new ways if you are filing ITR this year
March, 12th 2019

Income Tax saving options: The current financial year is set to end this month. You still have 20 days left to claim income tax rebate through different investment options.

The current financial year is set to end this month. You still have 20 days left to claim income tax rebate through different investment options. With the help of some other provisions of the Income Tax Act, you can claim a rebate on investment and expenditure even after exhausting the Rs 1.5 lakh limit under Section 80C.

Here are some of the options you can explore:

Section 80D

Under this section, you can claim tax rebate up to Rs 25,000 in lieu of all the health insurance premiums paid in the year for your spouse and children. You can also claim income tax exemption up to Rs 25,000 separately on the health policy premium purchased for parents under 60 years of age. And, in case your parents are senior citizens, then you can claim up to Rs 50,000 on this item.

Section 80E

Under this section, you can claim tax exemption on the interest of education loan paid for self, spouse or children's education. However, if you have paid interest on education loan, you can claim tax rebate in the same financial year. You can take advantage of this tax rebate for eight years from the date of starting to pay the education loan. There is no maximum limit on the amount for which tax rebate can be claimed on this investment.

Section 80GG

Salaried persons, who get HRA from the employer, can claim the tax rebate on this amount under Section 80GG. If HRA is not included in salary from the employer and you are renting, then also you can claim the tax exemption under Section 80GG of Income Tax Act. For this, you have to make a declaration in Form 10 BA.

Section 80 CCD

For investment in the National Pension System, you can claim tax exemption by investing an additional Rs 50,000, which is more than the Rs 1.5 lakh prescribed under 80C.

Section 80 DD

Under this section, you can claim exemption up to Rs 75,000 in lieu of the amount spent on the treatment of any disabled person in the family. For the treatment of the critically disabled person in the family, tax exemption up to Rs. 1,25,000 can be claimed.

Section 80 TTA

Under Section 80TTA, deduction of Rs 10,000 on interest income from savings account can be claimed by an individual and HUF. The deduction is allowed on interest earned from a saving account with a bank, co-operative society carrying on banking business or a post office. This is not applicable to interests earned from Fixed Deposits, Recurring Deposits or any other time deposits.

Watch this Zee Business News

Section 80TTB

Senior citizens can claim tax deduction under Section 80 TTB of Income Tax Act on the money deposited in Savings Account, Post Office Deposit, Term Deposit and Recurring Deposit. The maximum limit is up to Rs 50,000.

Section 80G, 80GGA and 80GGC

Under Section 80G, tax deduction can be claimed on donations to different funds or temples. Under Section 80GGC, one can claim the refund on donations to political parties. Donations to government-approved universities and institutions also qualify for tax relief under Section 80 GGA.

Home | About Us | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us
Copyright 2021 CAinINDIA All Right Reserved.
Designed and Developed by Ritz Consulting