NOTICE INVITING TENDER FOR EMPANELMENT OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT FIRMS FOR INTERNAL AUDIT WORK
NIT Raipur invites tender from Chartered Accountant Firms having branch at Raipur, for carry out Internal Audit, etc. works of the institute for the financial year 2021-22, which can further be extended for two more years (on a yearly basis) on satisfactory performance. The firms should have experience of doing similar kind of work in Central/State Government Autonomous bodies like NIT/IIT/IIM/IISER/Central University, PSU Bank, Public Sector Enterprises etc. The detail terms and conditions and prescribe forms can be downloaded from the websites www.nitrr.ac.in and completed forms should reach the institute on or before 18/01/2021 through E-tendering mode only at website www.tenderwizard.com/NITR and Institute’s website www.nitrr.ac.in also.
Registrar NIT Raipur
Page No. 2 NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY RAIPUR – 492 010, CHHATTISGARH
Limited Tender for Empanelment of Charted Accountant Firms for Internal Audit Work Enquiry (Single Bid System)
Last Date of 18/01/2021 18:00 Hrs. submission of quotation 20/01/2021 16:00 Hrs.
Bid Opening date
NIT Raipur invites tender from Charted Accountant Firms having branch at Raipur, for carry out Internal Audit etc. work of the Institute for the Financial Year 2021-22, which can further be extended for two more year (on a yearly basis) on satisfactory performance.
The firms should have experience of doing similar kind of work in Central/State Government Autonomous bodies like IIT/IIM/IISER/Central University, PSU Banks, and Public Sector Enterprises etc.
Please send your quotation to:
REGISTRAR NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY RAIPUR G. E. ROAD, RAIPUR – 492 010, CHHATTISGARH
Enclosed: Registrar National Institute of Technology, (1) Bid Data Sheet (2) Terms of Reference Raipur (3) Submission and evaluation of the tender (4) Annexure A : Financial Bid (5) Annexure B : Relevant Internal Audit Experience
Page No. 3 TABLE OF CONTENTS Page No. 5 Page No. 5 1 Bid-Data Sheet Page No. 5 2 Terms of Reference Page No. 5 Page No. 7 2.1 Background Page No. 7 2.2 Scope of work Page No. 7 2.3 Time Period Page No. 8 2.4 Support and Inputs to The Firm 2.5 Prequalification Criteria Page No. 8 2.6 Payment terms Page No. 9 3 Submission and Evaluation of the Tender Page No. 10 3.1 Submission of Tender Page No. 10 3.2 Bid Security (BS)/ Earnest Money (EMD) Page No. 10 3.3 Tender Queries Page No. 11 3.4 Last Date of Submission of Tender Page No. 12 3.5 Date of opening of Tender 4 ANNEXURE A: FINANCIAL BID 5 ANNEXURE B: Relevant Internal Audit Experience
Page No. 4 1. BID-DATA SHEET
Tender Number & Date NITRR/S&P/Account Section/LT/2020/1307 Dt: 28/12/2020 Issue of Tender Forms Online Tender through E-tendering mode only at website www.tenderwizard.com/NITR and Institute’s website EMD www.nitrr.ac.in also Last Date of Submission of Tender The EMD/Bid security should be submitted online only of Opening of Tender Rs. 20000/- through e-tendering portal i.e. Contact Person www.tenderwizard.com/NITR. 18/01/2021 upto 18:00 Hrs. Contact Address 20/01/2021 at 16:00 Hrs. Contact Phone Number (s) E-Mail Address Deputy Registrar (Finance & Accounts), NIT Raipur. Website National Institute of Technology Raipur
G.E. Road Raipur District: Raipur
2. Terms of Reference-
National Institute of Technology was established in 2005 by the Ministry of Human
Resource Development, Government of India and has been recognized as an Institute of National
Importance by an Act of Parliament vide Gazette Notification dated 29th Nov. 2005. The
central focus of the institute is to promote and integrate quality education with research in basic
sciences so that undergraduate teaching as well as doctoral and postdoctoral research work
could be carried out in symbiosis.
NIT Raipur is maintaining its accounts on Accrual Basis , in Tally ERP 9. The accounts of the
Institute are prepared as per the prescribed common format applicable to the Central
Government Autonomous Bodies, which will be made available to the selected firm. Apart from
this all the funds are managed through PFMS (Public Finance Management System Portal) Data
from PFMS will also be made available to the selected firm.
2.2 Scope of work The nature of work of the Chartered Accountant Firm shall be as follows.
1. Verification and checking of financial transactions from cash book/bank book and other ancillary record maintained by the Institute and to ensure that the cash in hand is reconciled with cash book record.
Page No. 5 2. Review and checking of Bank reconciliation statements.
3. Review, checking, & applicability of all statutory obligation compliances such as GST, TDS on GST, TDS, Income Tax, NPS, EPF, ESIC etc. and filing of all original & revised statutory return (Income Tax, TDS, GST etc.) on or before the due date.
4. Pre-audit of Purchase files, vouchers, purchase proposals, records of different departments/sections etc. to ensure that the same are being made in compliance to the Institute’s rule and procedures, General Financial Rules (GFR) and other applicable rules of Govt. of India.
5. Preparation of Annual Accounts of the Institute and verification of annual account data in annual report. Checking of opening balance of trial balance.
6. Report risk management issue and internal control deficiencies identified and provide recommendation for improving Institute’s operation.
7. Review and verify the provisions of accrued expenditure and income as at the end of the year.
8. Review and checking of outstanding balances in student’s fees receivable, creditors account, advances etc.
9. Review and checking of the Grants received and its utilization as per the terms and conditions.
10. Review, checking & reconciliation of tuition fees and other fees received by the institution from the students.
11. Review and verification of additions to fixed assets, fixed assets register and physical verification.
12. Review and verification of the record/system of bill payment to various contractors and also to review the compliance on them with term of contract with user.
13. Suggestion of improvement of the existing system of accounting and management information system from time to time.
14. Review and verification of the expenses incurred with the approved Budget.
15. Review and verification of the last statutory/Internal audit comments and compliances.
16. Assist full time during C&AG Audit & preparation of reply including old paras.
17. Vouching, Ledger Scrutiny, verification of Internal audit of books of accounts, ancillary records on monthly basis and submission of reports on quarterly basis.
18. Verification of unspent balance report, Utilization Certificate and other reports submitted to MoE periodically.
19. Provide opinion on all notices, queries, & intimations received from the statutory authorities and preparation of its reply.
20. Verification of Income Tax computation sheet (along with the income tax declaration form and proof of investment) of all employees of NIT Raipur & preparation of Form 16 & 16A.
21. To appraise the Institute on regular basis about applicability of Circulars/Notifications issued by the Govt. / Tax Departments (like Income Tax, TDS, GST & other statutory body etc.).
22. To review, checking and certification of Utilisation certificate, Statement of expenditure, funds received under different research projects, sponsored/funded projects. Page No. 6 23. Internal auditors or their representatives should visit the institute on a timely basis preferably minimum twice or thrice in a week or depending upon the urgency of the work assigned. Attendance records will be maintained at F&A section for this purpose.
24. Internal auditors or their representatives should coordinate and represent the reply from institute side (if any) to the local government authorities such as Income Tax office, GST office etc.
25. Internal auditors are should follow the internal audit manual of NIT Raipur and prepare all the relevant check lists. A monthly work log/summary of the work carried should be provided at the end of every month.
26. Review of Bank Guarantee (contractors) management and systems
27. Support in Budgetary control of Grants received from Ministry of Education
28. Supports in all types of Statutory/Legal Compliance
29. Reorganization Income (IRG from various sources such as consultancy, rents, fees etc.)
30. The audit reports to be submitted along with corrective/suggestive measures, if any are to be submitted immediately on completion of audit as per format of internal audit report.
31. Any other works assigned from time to time.
2.3 Time Period The Chartered Accountant firm will be required to provide the desired services initially for FY 2021- 2022, which can be renewed for another two (one + one) years on satisfactory performance, duly recommended by the committee constituted for performance assessment.
Notwithstanding anything contained herein above, the Institute reserves the right to discontinue the services of Chartered Accountant firm in the event their services are evaluated as unsatisfactory at any time during the period.
2.4 Support and Inputs to the Firm The Institute shall provide adequate office space to the Firm to perform its services. In terms of hardware the Institute will provide computers and printers to the Firm. The Institute will provide all primary data to the firm for carrying out the jobs listed in the nature of work. Any misconduct/misbehavior on the part of manpower deployed by the agency will not be tolerated and such person will have to be replaced immediately upon instructions from the Institute.
2.5 Pre-qualification Criteria The firm eligible for the bidding process must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
1. The Chartered Accountant Firm should be based at Raipur or having branch office at Raipur. 2. The Chartered Accountant Firm should be registered with The Institute of Chartered
Accountants of India (ICAI) and must have Permanent Account Number (PAN) and V a l i d GST Registration.
Page No. 7 3. The Firm should have been in operation for at least 10 years after its registration & should have at least 3 (Three) full time FCA Partners.
4. The Firm should be empanelled with Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG).
5. Average Annual Revenue (Gross Professional Fees received during the last 3 years period i.e. F.Y. 2019-20, 2018-19 and 2017-18 ) of the Firm in the last 3 financial years must be equal to or more than Rs. 15 (Fifteen) Lakhs.
6. The Firm should have at least 3 years of experience of handling the Audit of Central Autonomous educational institute of repute like (IIT/IIM/IISER/Central University, PSU Banks, and Public Sector Enterprises etc.)
7. The firm should have No. of assignments of audit of listed Autonomous educational institute of repute like (IIT/IIM/IISER/Central University, and Public Sector Enterprises etc. except bank branch audit) should have a turnover of not less than Rs. 25 Cr. in the last 3 years. The branch audit of banks shall not be considered for the above purpose.
8. The firm/ partner has not been debarred/blacklisted by any Bank / State Govt. / Central Govt./ State PSU/ CPSU/SEB/ Public Utility as on date.
9. There should be no legal suit/criminal case pending or contemplated against CA firm on the ground of
moral turpitude or for violation of any law in force.
2.6 Payment Terms The payment shall be made on quarterly basis after satisfactory services dully recommended by the
performance assessment committee formed by competent authority provided by firm, subject to the
following terms and conditions:
1. No price variation would be allowed during the contract period. 2. Any changes in GST rates or imposition of new tax on this service during the contract period
will be borne by the Institute. 3. TDS under Income tax will be deducted at applicable rates. 4. The Institute reserves the right to deduct amount from the bill as may be considered
reasonable for unsatisfactory services or delay in providing of services. The decision of the Institute will be the final in this regard. 5. The Service Provider will raise the quarterly bills in duplicate after submission of the quarterly report to the Institute and hold the office till completion of work. The bills of last quarter of the FY will be processed after completion of all financial activities of FY like balance sheet preparation Annual ITR & GST filling etc.
3. S UBMISSION AND EVALUATION OF THE TENDER 3.1 Submission of Tender 1. Bidders have to submit their bid through E-tendering mode only at website
www.tenderwizard.com/NITR . 2. Financial Bid is to be downloaded from website www.tenderwizard.com/NITR and then is to be
filled, saved and uploaded (through digital signature) on the same website and not to be submitted in hard copy at all.
Page No. 8 3. The Financial Bid (after filling the rates) should neither be scanned & uploaded, nor, the hard copy of the same should be submitted to NIT Raipur office.
4. The complete Tender document can be viewed and downloaded only from the website(www.tenderwizard.com/NITR) & www.nitrr.ac.in during the tender sale period. The intending bidders should submit the tender documents sale price & tender processing fee, through e-payment, at the time of making online request.
5. Complete tender papers, duly accompanied with receipts of e-payment of tender cost, EMD shall be received online as per date and time mentioned. Tender shall be opened through E-tendering systems, in presence of bidders or their authorized representatives.
6. Complete tender documents must be submitted on or before as per schedule mentioned through E-Tendering mode only at website i.e. www.tenderwizard.com/NITR .
7. Tenderers are advised to complete all submission related work well before Time and date for submission of tender online. Any request for modification in the time/date of submission of tender due to tenderer’s failure to submit his offer, will not be accepted.
8. To participate in the E-tender, it is mandatory for the bidders to have user ID & password, which has to be obtained by submitting an annual registration charges of Rs. 2000/- +GST @ 18% to ITI, through e-payment. Also it is mandatory for all bidders to have class 3 digital signature certificates from any of the CCA (Controller of Certifying Authority, India) or if any support required on DSC, Please contact back to us. (Helpdesk No. 011-49424365, 8305920951)
9. The bid along with necessary documents should be uploaded only on the www.tenderwizard.com/NITR portal as per guidelines mentioned in the portal. Tender have to be submitted only online at https://www.tenderwizard.com/NITR . All documents in support of eligibility criteria etc. are also to be scanned and uploaded along with the tender documents. Tender sent by any other mode will not be accepted.
10. Amendment of Bidding Documents o Corrigendum, if issued any for the tender, shall form part of the Tender Document. Corrigendum will be posted on NIT RAIPUR website (www.nitrr.ac.in.) & www.tenderwizard.com/NITR . Bidders/Tenderers are requested to visit NIT RAIPUR website regularly and note the corrigendum / amendments to the tender without fail and submit the offer accordingly. NIT RAIPUR will not be responsible for ignorance of corrigendum.
o At any time prior to the deadline for submission of bids, the Institute may, for any reason, whether at its own initiative or in response to a clarification requested by a prospective Bidder/Tenderer, modify the bidding documents by amendment. The same would also be hosted on the website of the Institute and all prospective bidders/tenderer are expected to surf the website before submitting their bids to take cognizance of the amendments. Bidder/Tenderer who has submitted bids before publishing the amendment may revise their bid incorporating the amendments before the last date of tender.
o In order to allow prospective Bidder/Tenderer’s reasonable time in which to take the amendment into account in preparing their bids, the Institute, at its discretion, may extend the deadline for the submission of bids and host the changes on the website of the Institute.
I. The Bidder/Tenderer shall furnish, as part of its bid, a bid security (BS). The EMD/Bid security should be submitted online only of Rs. 20000/- through e-tendering portal i.e. www.tenderwizard.com/NITR.
II. Any bid without EMD or bid not secured in accordance with above will be rejected by the Institute as non- responsive.
III. The bid security of unsuccessful Bidder/Tenderer will be discharged /returned as promptly as possible but not later than 30 days after the expiration of the period of bid validity or placement of order whichever is later.
IV. The successful Bidder/Tenderer’s bid security will be discharged upon the Bidder/Tenderer furnishing the performance security.
3.3 Tender Queries The interested Firms may seek clarification on Tender document from the Deputy Registrar
(Finance and Accounts). The firms can also go through the Annual Accounts of the Institute and Common Format of Accounts which will be made available to them on receipt of request. The Firms can visit the Finance & Accounts Section between 04.00 p.m. to 05.00 p.m. on any working day before 18/01/2021.
3.4 Last Date of Submission of Tender Last date of submission of the Tender is 18/01/2021 upto 18:00 hrs..
3.5 Date of opening of Tender The Tender will be opened through e-tendering mechanism 20/01/2021 at 16:00 hours in
the Administrative building of the Institute. The authorized representatives of the firms (Applicants) may choose to attend the Tender opening. The authorized representatives must carry authorization letter, if they wish to attend the bid opening.
3.6 Performance Security
The firm should submitted the performance security of 3% of the Order value in the firm of FDR in the name of Director NIT Raipur" for a validity of 60 days beyond the contract period.
-sd- Registrar National Institute of Technology,
Page No. 10 Annexure-A NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, RAIPUR
S.No. Particulars Amount (In Rs.)
1. Annual Audit Fee
2. Taxes (GST)
Total in figures Rs. ........................................... Total in words ..................................................................................
Signature of the bidder Name of the firm: Address:
Details of relevant internal audit experience in last 10 Years Name of the Chartered Accountant in charge of the Name and address of the Period assignment, designation in the Firm & his/her Membership no. organization, contact person
No. and contact number. (Attach certified copies of the Letter of From To Award/Agreement)
• Tenderers are expected to provide information with respect to organizations where similar services have been provided, supported with copy of work order and work completion certificate from the service receiver.
• Information provided in this section is intended to serve as a back-up for information provided in the TENDER.