Submitted ITR? Verify the same via e-Verification; check step-by-step guide here Income Tax Return
October, 06th 2021
Once you have submitted your Income Tax Return (ITR), it is important to verify the same in order to complete the filing process. You can verify your ITR online via e-Verification.
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) had in the month of September 2021, extended the due dates for filing ITR and various reports of audit for the Assessment Year 2021-22. The last date for filing ITR for AY 2021-22 has been extended to December 31, 2021.
How to e-Verify?
As per the information provided by Income Tax Department, you can e-Verify using electronic verification code, Aadhaar OTP or by logging in through net banking.
Check the steps below to complete the process:
1. Login to e-filing portal and go to e-File then Income Tax Return and then e-Verify Return.
2. Click on the e-Verify link available against the ITR which is to be e-Verified.
3. Select e-Verification, mode as applicable.
4. Enter EVC/OTP for e-Verifying your ITR.
5. e-Verification of ITR is now complete.
However, if you have not yet filed your ITR (ITR 1 and ITR 4) then you can also do it online. Check the process here:
1. Login to the e-Filing portal and go to e-File. then select File Income Tax Return.