Invitation for Resource Person for Certificate Course on Cooperatives and NPOs.
September, 27th 2013
INVITATION FOR EMPANELMENT AS RESOURCE PERSONS:
The Committee for Cooperatives and NPO Sectors is a central Committee of the Institute of
Chartered Accountants of India formed under the regulatory provisions of the Chartered
Accountants Act, 1949 in the month of February 2011 by the President of ICAI, to identify
issues and opportunities in the Co-operatives and NPO sectors, equip members and other
stakeholders to find a new niche for themselves and to maintain and develop the core
competencies in the Co- operatives and NPO.
Regular updation of the knowledge of the esteemed members of our Institute is one of the prime
objectives of the committee through development of technical guides and publications,
knowledge portal, to provide technical and governance inputs through training, workshops,
resource material, publications to management personnel and members of governance of
Cooperatives & NPO sectors and to provide uniform accounting framework for cooperatives &
NPO sectors. Committee has also launched a Certificate Course with the nomenclature of
Certificate Course on Management, Taxation, Laws, And Accounting and Auditing Concerning
Co-Operative Societies & NPOs, on prestigious ceremony of CA Day (July 1st, 2013) with the
objectives of equipping the members with necessary tools and techniques requisite for rendering
quality services in cooperatives & NPO sectors.
In the above context committee invites applications for the empanelment of resource
person/faculties from eligible & interested individuals who can share his/her valuable knowledge
relating to the various issues of cooperatives & NPOs as a faculty to the abovementioned
1. The applicant must be member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India having post
qualification experience of working with or engagement with cooperative & NPO sectors, or
2. The applicant must be holding a post-graduate degree from recognized university and must
have research and/or teaching experience on related topics, or
3. Faculty of a recognized university or an institute of repute.
However, application from a person having lesser experience than stated above may also be
considered on the basis of merit.
Fields of Expertise:
Eligible individuals should have expert knowledge in any one or more of the following areas:
1. Framework of Laws governing co-operative societies (including Co-operative Societies
Act, 1912, Multi State Co-operative Societies Act, 2002, Banking Regulations Act, 1949,
various State laws governing co-operative societies, Flat Ownership and Apartment
Ownership Acts etc.)
2. Framework of Laws governing NPOs (including Indian Trust Act, 1882 and various State
laws governing trusts, Societies Registration Act, 1860, Companies Act, 1956 etc.)
3. Relevance of cooperative societies and NPOs in the socio economic set up of the country.
Distinguishing aspects between co-operative societies and NPOs.
4. Types of co-operative societies, peculiar features and distinguishing aspects. Formation
and Registration of co-operative societies Legal and procedural aspects.
5. Types of NPOs, peculiar features and distinguishing aspects. Formation and Registration
of NPOs Legal and procedural aspects.
6. Peculiar management and accounting aspects concerning a co-operative housing and
7. Peculiar management, record keeping and accounting aspects concerning co-operative
banks. Role and responsibilities of the management.
8. Peculiar management, record keeping and accounting aspects concerning co-operative
credit societies, consumer societies, employees' credit societies, labour societies,
farmers' societies, dairy societies and other similar societies. Role and responsibilities of
9. Peculiar management, record keeping and accounting aspects concerning NPOs. Role and
responsibilities of the management.
10. Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 2010 and NPOs.
11. Income Tax Provisions and issues concerning co-operative societies and NPOs.
12. Relevance of various labour and municipal laws to co-operative societies and NPOs.
13. Service Tax Provisions and issues concerning co-operative societies and NPOs.
14. VAT Provisions and issues concerning co-operative societies and NPOs.
15. Relevant stamp duty and registration aspects as applicable to co-operative societies and
16. Peculiar audit aspects, scope of audit, role and responsibility of an auditor and audit
reports concerning co-operative societies.
17. Peculiar audit aspects, scope of audit, role and responsibility of an auditor and audit
reports concerning NPOs.
18. Peculiar aspects in state cooperative laws and laws concerning NPOs
19. Preparing for Corporate Social Responsibility fund and its utilization.
Applicant having expert knowledge in any other subject may apply provided that the subject
selected is contemporary and relevant in current environment of cooperatives & NPO sectors.
How to Apply:
Application should be submitted to:
CA. Tarun Jamnadas Ghia CA. Anuj Goyal
Committee for Cooperatives & NPO Committee for Cooperatives & NPO
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of The Institute of Chartered Accountants
India of India
ICAI Bhawan, Plot No. A- 29 ICAI Bhawan, Plot No. A- 29
Sector- 62, NOIDA Sector- 62, NOIDA
Dist: Gautam Budh Nagar Dist: Gautam Budh Nagar
Uttar Pradesh Uttar Pradesh
PIN- 201309 PIN- 201309
Ph 011-3045996 Ph 011-3045996
Mobile No: 09821345687 Mobile No: 09821345687