2. Under the extant instructions, use of cost reduction structures, i.e., cross currency option cost reduction structures and foreign currency INR option cost reduction structures have been permitted to hedge exchange rate risk arising out of trade transactions and the External Commercial Borrowings (ECBs).
3. On a review, it has been decided to permit the use of cost reduction structures for hedging the exchange rate risk arising out of foreign currency loans availed of domesticallyagainst FCNR(B) deposits.
4. Necessary amendments to the Notification No. FEMA.25/RB-2000 dated May 3, 2000 [Foreign Exchange Management (Foreign Exchange Derivative Contracts) Regulations, 2000] are being notified separately.
5. AD Category - I banks may bring the contents of this circular to the notice of their constituents and customers.
6. The directions contained in this circular have been issued under sections 10(4) and 11(1) of the Foreign Exchange Management Act 1999 (42 of 1999) and are without prejudice to permissions/approvals, if any, required under any other law.