Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Direct Taxes
New Delhi, the 31
Order under Section 119 of the Income Tax Act. 1961
On consideration of the reports of disturbance of general life caused due to
failure of power and further in consideration of the fact that the e-filing of returns
for a specified category of individuals and HUF has been made mandatory, the
Central Board of Direct Taxes, in exercise of powers conferred under section 119
of the Income Tax Act, 1961, hereby extends the 'due date' of filing of returns of
income for the Assessment Year 2012-13 to 31
assessees who are liable to file such returns by 31
section 139 ofIncome Tax Act, 1961.
1. PSto F.M./ OSDto FM/ PS to MOS(R)/ OSDto MOS(R).
2. PS to Secretary (Revenue).
3. Chairman (DT), All Members, Central Board of Direct Taxes.
4. All CCITs(CCA)
5. All Joint Secretaries / Directors / Deputy Secretaries / Under Secretaries of
Central Board of Direct Taxes.
6. DIT(Systems), New Delhi, for appropriate publicity by putting it on
7. The C
8. The IS
9. The DG,NADT,Nagpur.
10. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, IP Estate, New Delhi-
11. All Chambers of Commerce
12. CIT(OSD),Official Spokesperson of CBDT.
13. All Cs.lT,CBDT