Latest Expert Exchange Queries

GST Demo Service software link: https://ims.go2customer.com
Username: demouser Password: demopass
Get your inventory and invoicing software GST Ready from Binarysoft info@binarysoft.com
sitemapHome | Registration | Job Portal for CA's | Expert Exchange | Currency Converter | Post Matrimonial Ads | Post Property Ads
 
 
News shortcuts: From the Courts | News Headlines | VAT (Value Added Tax) | Placements & Empanelment | Various Acts & Rules | Latest Circulars | New Forms | Forex | Auditing | Direct Tax | Customs and Excise | ICAI | Corporate Law | Markets | Students | General | Mergers and Acquisitions | Continuing Prof. Edu. | Budget Extravaganza | Transfer Pricing | GST - Goods and Services Tax
 
 
 
 
Popular Search: due date for vat payment :: TDS :: Central Excise rule to resale the machines to a new company :: list of goods taxed at 4% :: ICAI offer Get Windows 7,Office 2010 in Rs.799 Taxes :: ACCOUNTING STANDARD :: TAX RATES - GOODS TAXABLE @ 4% :: empanelment :: form 3cd :: VAT Audit :: articles on VAT and GST in India :: ARTICLES ON INPUT TAX CREDIT IN VAT :: ACCOUNTING STANDARDS :: cpt :: VAT RATES
 
 
Indirect Tax »
 Indirect taxes collection could fall short of target due to GST
 Indirect Tax Collection Under Gst Goes Down By 30 Percent
 What is a belated income tax return and what are its consequences
 Why rejig of financial year could upset your tax planning
 The threat of harsh penalty should not impede tax compliance
 What are the tax exemption limits for allowances, reimbursements paid to employees? Find out
 High-income taxpayers to get priority treatment and extra facilities
 GST input tax credit rules: How taxpayers will benefit from ITC
 More complications in filing income tax returns
 Guidelines for selection of cases for scrutiny during the financial-year 2017-2018
 CBDT asks Income Tax officials to pull their socks up as revenue collection not satisfactory

Indirect tax collections pick up pace in July; up 22%
August, 16th 2012

Indirect tax collections picked up pace in July from a year ago, suggesting some improvement in industrial production after the dismal performance in June.

Excise, service tax and customs collections added up to Rs 3,7120 crore in July, up 22.2% from Rs 30,375 crore a year ago, taking the overall kitty for the first four months of the year to Rs 1.45 lakh crore.

The pick-up was driven by a smart 27.6% rise in excise collections, indicating a possible recovery in manufacturing after the 3.2% contraction in June.

Overall industrial growth, as measured by the index of industrial production, fell 1.8% in June because of the large 75.5% weight for manufacturing in the index. Electricity and mining make up the remaining 24.5%.

The rise in excise, tax levied on goods produced at the factory gate, would indicate a revival in manufacturing. Excise collections for the first four months (April-July) were up 18.4%. Service tax collections rose 37.4% as the new negative list based system of imposing the levy widened the tax base.

The new regime announced in the budget for 2012-13 kicked in from July 1 this year. As opposed to the earlier system where select services were taxed, under the new system only those services mentioned in a list are exempt, ensuring that there are no leakages.

The overall service tax collections were up 40% in April-July. Customs collections were up 8.2% only in July because of the 7.6% decline in imports in the month. Overall indirect tax collections were up 15.8% in April-July, well short of the 27% growth assumed in the budget for 2012-13.

 
 
Home | About Us | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us
Copyright 2017 CAinINDIA All Right Reserved.
Designed and Developed by Binarysoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Multi-level Marketing MLM India Affiliate Marketing Affiliate Marketing Software MLM Software MLM Solutions Multi level marketing solutions MLM Servi

Transfer Pricing | International Taxation | Business Consulting | Corporate Compliance and Consulting | Assurance and Risk Advisory | Indirect Taxes | Direct Taxes | Transaction Advisory | Regular Compliance and Reporting | Tax Assessments | International Taxation Advisory | Capital Structuring | Withholding tax advisory | Expatriate Tax Reporting | Litigation | Badges | Club Badges | Seals | Military Insignias | Emblems | Family Crest | Software Development India | Software Development Company | SEO Company | Web Application Development | MLM Software | MLM Solutions