Invitation for contributions to Question Bank in respect of Information System Audit-(Assessment Test (ISA-AT)(New Syllabus)
July, 13th 2015
11th July, 2015
Invitation for contributions to Question Bank in respect of Information System
Audit-(Assessment Test (ISA-AT)(New Syllabus)
Information Systems Audit is a post qualification course meant for the members of the
Institute. Members who are registered for the course are required to appear and pass
ISA-Eligibility Test and those who qualify thereon are required to appear and pass the
ISA-AT is an objective type test, candidates being required to choose the correct answer
out of multiple answers provided in the question. The question paper is for 200 marks
with 200 questions carrying 1 mark each. The duration of the exam is 4 hours.
With a view to develop the Question Bank for the various Modules spread over the
Syllabus of the ISA-AT (New Syllabus), it has been decided to invite questions from
Chartered Accountants/experts working in various organizations/ institutions.
The titles of these Modules prescribed in the New Syllabus are given hereunder:
Module Module Title
1 Primer on Information Technology, IS Infrastructure and Emerging
2 Information Systems Assurance Services
3 Governance and Management of Enterprise Information Technology, Risk
Management and Compliance
4 Protection of Information Assets
5 Systems Development: Acquisition, Maintenance and Implementation.
6 Business Applications Software Audit
7 Business Continuity Management
Details are available at :
http://cit.icai.org/ISA_eLearn_2/ISACourse2.0DVD/index.html on www.icai.org
The Guidelines in this regard are as follows:
1. The contributor can contribute as many questions as he/she can, but in a lot of
minimum of 50 questions on the aforesaid modules in the following manner:-
Q. No. Question and Answer Option Answer(for example)
A) Option A
01 B) Option B C
C) Option C
D) Option D
2. While framing the questions, the contributors have to prepare the questions for
individual modules in separate files/documents.
3. The questions should cover all the sub chapters or aspects of the syllabus and be
free from any ambiguity, doubt etc.
4. The language of the question should be free from ambiguity and should be such
that it conveys exactly the same meaning as is intended by the person who frames
5. It is also essential that proper care is taken in framing the questions and options
(answers) provided below the questions. The answer key (correct answer) to each
option (answer) be given as per the above format.
6. The copyrights of the questions as well as answers so submitted shall vest with
the Council of the Institute.
7. The contributor of the questions shall ensure that the questions so submitted to the
Institute are not parted with by him/her to any other Body/Person and shall be
meant only for the exclusive use by the Council of the Institute. It may please be
noted that the questions framed by you should be original and not already
published in some books or journals or study material of the Institute or
reference/text books available in the market or also from question papers of any
other examinations or material distributed by any coaching institution. The
requirement is that the questions are original and framed with the
8. A honorarium of `500/- per question selected/accepted by the Institute will be paid
as honorarium. In addition to honorarium payable towards questions selected,
`100/- (fixed) will be paid as contingent expenses.
9. Interested persons may send their contributions in a sealed envelope superscribing
"Question Bank ISA-AT (New Syllabus)" to Shri B. Muralidharan, Deputy
Secretary (Exams), The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, "ICAI
Bhawan", Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi 110002 by Speed Post or by e-mail to
email@example.com. Soft copy of the contributions should be in word
format for windows. The font should be Times New Roman, size 12.
10. While sending the questions by post/mail, please mention your name, complete
postal address, contact details( e-mail ID and mobile phone number), PAN No. ,
Name of Bank, Bank A/c no. and IFSC code.
11. All correspondence on the subject should be treated as secret.
Deputy Secretary (Exams.)