Sri R. Jagdish Reddy Hyderabad Vs. The Dy. CIT Central Circle-2 Hyderabad
July, 27th 2012
IN THE INCOME TAX APPELLATE TRIBUNAL
HYDERABAD BENCH `B', HYDERABAD
BEFORE SHRI CHANDRA POOJARI, ACCOUNTANT MEMBER and
SMT. ASHA VIJAYARAGHAVAN, JUDICIAL MEMBER
ITA No. 1419/Hyd/2011
Assessment year 2005-06
Sri R. Jagdish Reddy Vs. The Dy. CIT
Hyderabad Central Circle-2
PAN: AAGHR0701M Hyderabad
Appellant by: None
Respondent by: Smt. Alka R. Jain
Date of hearing: 24.07.2012
Date of pronouncement: 24.07.2012
PER CHANDRA POOJARI, AM:
This appeal by the assessee is directed against the order of the CIT(A),
Guntur dated 28.4.2011 for assessment year 2005-06.
2. This appeal was last posted for hearing on 5.3.2012. As the Bench did not
function on that day, hearing of the appeal was adjourned and posted for hearing
on 24.7.2012 with notice to both the parties. The notice was served on the
assessee and Acknowledgement Card is placed on record. However, on
24.7.2012 none appeared on behalf of the assessee or any petition seeking
adjournment of hearing is submitted. This conduct of the assessee shows that he
is not interested in prosecuting his appeal. Following the ratio laid down by the
Delhi Bench of this Tribunal in CIT v. Multiplan India Limited reported in 38
ITD 320, the appeal filed by the assessee is not admitted and dismissed in limine.
3. However, the assessee is at liberty to file a petition for recalling this order,
if there is sufficient cause for non-appearance on the date of hearing i.e., on
4. In the result, appeal of the assessee is dismissed.
Order pronounced in the open court on 24th July, 2012.
(ASHA VIJAYARAGHAVAN) (CHANDRA POOJARI)
JUDICIAL MEMBER ACCOUNTANT MEMBER
Hyderabad, dated the 24th July, 2012
2 ITA No. 1419/Hyd/2011
Sri R. Jagdish Reddy
Copy forwarded to:
1. Sri R. Jagdish Reddy, Flat No. 207, Ashoka Ornata Apts., Street No. 2,
Ashoknagar, Hyderabad-500 020.
2. The Deputy Commissioner of Income-tax, Central Circle-2, Aayakar
Bhavan, Basheerbagh, Hyderabad-500 004.
3. The CIT(A), Guntur
4. The CIT (Central), Hyderabad.
5. The DR B Bench, ITAT, Hyderabad.