Latest Expert Exchange Queries
sitemapHome | Registration | Job Portal for CA's | Expert Exchange | Currency Converter | Post Matrimonial Ads | Post Property Ads
News shortcuts: From the Courts | News Headlines | VAT (Value Added Tax) | Service Tax | Sales Tax | Placements & Empanelment | Various Acts & Rules | Latest Circulars | New Forms | Forex | Auditing | Direct Tax | Customs and Excise | ICAI | Corporate Law | Markets | Students | General | Indirect Tax | Mergers and Acquisitions | Continuing Prof. Edu. | Budget Extravaganza | Transfer Pricing
Popular Search: empanelment :: ACCOUNTING STANDARDS :: VAT RATES :: VAT Audit :: Central Excise rule to resale the machines to a new company :: ICAI offer Get Windows 7,Office 2010 in Rs.799 Taxes :: TDS :: ACCOUNTING STANDARD :: form 3cd :: TAX RATES - GOODS TAXABLE @ 4% :: articles on VAT and GST in India :: list of goods taxed at 4% :: due date for vat payment :: ARTICLES ON INPUT TAX CREDIT IN VAT :: cpt
VAT (Value Added Tax) »
 Amendments in the second Schedule received from Finance Deptt.
 VAT exemption stays in tax reform bill
 Income Tax Appellate Tribunal Bangalore Banches Bangalore 'A' Bench DB Case Causelist for The Week from 22-05-2017 To 25-05-2017
 Amendments in Second schedule appended to Delhi Value Added Tax Act, 2004
 Haryana govt exempts solar devices from VAT net
 Court rules out VAT on Paradise equity transfer
 VAT gone but riddle of derivatives traded on commodity exchanges lives on
 Rule 2(L) Of Cenvat Credit Rules, 2004 Amended
 Haryana govt exempts solar equipment from VAT
 AP to push for same benefits under GST for VAT exempted goods
 Andhra Pradesh to push for same benefits under GST for VAT exempted goods

VAT collections save the day
June, 26th 2015

Despite the cash deficit of over Rs 4,000 crore that the AAP government was facing, it has presented a surplus Budget for Delhi claiming that a surge in VAT collections has helped it overcome the financial crunch in the current financial year.

In its first full-fledged Budget for 2015-16, the AAP government increased the budgetary allocation by 18 per cent to Rs 41, 129 crore as compared to Rs 34,790 crore allocated by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in the previous year when Delhi was under President's rule.

The surplus Budget presented by the Kejriwal government banks on a robust growth projection of VAT and excise tax collections to meet the higher expenditure. The AAP government said that the expenditure will be financed mainly from tax revenue raised from VAT and excise tax collections.

Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said the VAT (value added tax) collection during AAP's four-month rule has surged by 26 per cent and exuded confidence that the earnings would go up without initiating any 'coercive' measures against traders.

In contrast, the increase in VAT collection during President's rule was a mere 2.03 per cent. Kejriwal said corruption has come down in Delhi as a result of which the leakage in revenue has been plugged.

The government did not announce any hike in the rate of VAT on goods to spare consumers of a price hike but raised the luxury and entertainment tax which will mainly pinch the rich.

Presenting the Budget on Thursday, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said the government targets to collect Rs 41,500 from various sources while the total expenditure is pegged at Rs 41, 129 crore. This will result in a cash surplus of Rs 371 crore.

According to government, 83 per cent of total receipts is expected to come from tax revenue while the remaining 17 per cent of revenue will come from non-tax revenue which includes small loans, central assistance, share in central taxes and centrally sponsored schemes. In order to finance the higher outgo on water and power subsidies, the government has increased the non-plan outlay by Rs 629 crore over the previous year.

The government, however, rued that there has been no hike in the state government's share in central taxes over the years.

Home | About Us | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us
Copyright 2017 CAinINDIA All Right Reserved.
Designed and Developed by Binarysoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Website Ranking Website Ranking Company Website Positioning Alexa Ranking Website Promotion Website top 10 ranking website top 10 promotion search engine result promotion Strategic Internet Marketing Website Optimization Website Ranking Factors

Transfer Pricing | International Taxation | Business Consulting | Corporate Compliance and Consulting | Assurance and Risk Advisory | Indirect Taxes | Direct Taxes | Transaction Advisory | Regular Compliance and Reporting | Tax Assessments | International Taxation Advisory | Capital Structuring | Withholding tax advisory | Expatriate Tax Reporting | Litigation | Badges | Club Badges | Seals | Military Insignias | Emblems | Family Crest | Software Development India | Software Development Company | SEO Company | Web Application Development | MLM Software | MLM Solutions