2. As indicated in paragraph 13 of the Second Bi-Monthly Monetary Statement, 2014-15, it has now been decided to enhance the existing limit of USD 75,000 per financial year (April-March) to USD 125,000 with immediate effect. Accordingly, AD Category –I banks may now allow remittances up to USD 125,000 per financial year, under the Scheme, for any permitted current or capital account transaction or a combination of both.
3. The Scheme should not be used for making remittances for any prohibited or illegal activities such as margin trading, lottery, etc.
4. All other terms and conditions shall remain unchanged.
5. AD-Category I banks may bring the contents of this circular to the notice of their constituents and customers concerned.
6. The directions contained in this Circular have been issued under Section 10(4) and 11(1) of the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (42 of 1999) and are without prejudice to permissions/approvals, if any, required under any other law.