Latest Expert Exchange Queries

GST Demo Service software link: https://ims.go2customer.com
Username: demouser Password: demopass
Get your inventory and invoicing software GST Ready from Binarysoft info@binarysoft.com
sitemapHome | Registration | Job Portal for CA's | Expert Exchange | Currency Converter | Post Matrimonial Ads | Post Property Ads
 
 
News shortcuts: From the Courts | News Headlines | VAT (Value Added Tax) | Placements & Empanelment | Various Acts & Rules | Latest Circulars | New Forms | Forex | Auditing | Direct Tax | Customs and Excise | ICAI | Corporate Law | Markets | Students | General | Mergers and Acquisitions | Continuing Prof. Edu. | Budget Extravaganza | Transfer Pricing | GST - Goods and Services Tax
 
 
 
 
Popular Search: due date for vat payment :: VAT RATES :: empanelment :: ICAI offer Get Windows 7,Office 2010 in Rs.799 Taxes :: TDS :: ARTICLES ON INPUT TAX CREDIT IN VAT :: articles on VAT and GST in India :: ACCOUNTING STANDARD :: TAX RATES - GOODS TAXABLE @ 4% :: Central Excise rule to resale the machines to a new company :: ACCOUNTING STANDARDS :: list of goods taxed at 4% :: cpt :: form 3cd :: VAT Audit
 
 
Service Tax »
 Payment made in revenue sharing deal exempt from service tax
 India seen posting stronger growth as businesses adjust to new tax
 GST High Powered Committee On Return Filing - Representation by GST Research Foundation
  Changes In Central Goods And Services Tax Rules, 2017
 GST return filing to be a breeze for small businesses
 Changes In Central Goods And Services Tax Rules, 2017
 Simple tax made complex
 Govt may review monthly GST return filing process
 Central Goods and Services Tax (Eleventh Amendment) Rules, 2017
 Extension of time limit for submitting the declaration in FORM GST TRAN-1 under rule 120A of the Central Goods and Service Tax Rules, 2017
 Composition Scheme - the Central Goods and Services Tax (Removal of Difficulties) Order, 2017

Finance Ministry to notify Commodity Transaction Tax soon
June, 20th 2013

Finance Ministry will soon notify implementation of Commodity Transaction Tax (CTT) which will be levied primarily on processed agricultural commodities, including sugar, soya oil and mentha oil.

About 11 processed farm commodities would attract CTT, which will be levied at the rate of 0.01 per cent of the transaction value. These would include sugar, guar gum, mentha oil, soya oil and rapeseed oil.

"We are working hard to implement CTT as soon as possible. It would be applicable on futures trading," sources said.

According to sources, as many as 30 pure agro commodities, including wheat, barley and chana, are likely to be kept out of the ambit of CTT.

Coriander, cardamom, cotton and guar seed is also likely to be out of the CTT, sources said.

CTT is like Securities Transaction Tax (STT) and would not be applicable on spot trading.

In Budget 2013-14, CTT was proposed at the rate of 0.01 per cent of the transaction value and payable by the seller, which would work out to Rs 10 for transaction worth Rs one lakh.

The turnover from futures trade contributed around 15 per cent of total trade in commodity segment. The remaining 85 per cent business came from bullion, metals and energy items.

Sources said the implementation of CTT has been delayed as there has been consultations between the stakeholders and the Finance Ministry over the number of commodities which are to be kept out of the purview of the levy.

The exchanges and brokers are of the view that CTT would discourage day-traders and speculators, resulting in a big drop in business of five national bourses.

 
 
Home | About Us | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us
Copyright 2017 CAinINDIA All Right Reserved.
Designed and Developed by Binarysoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Desktop Application Development Outsourcing Desktop Application Development Offshore Desk

Transfer Pricing | International Taxation | Business Consulting | Corporate Compliance and Consulting | Assurance and Risk Advisory | Indirect Taxes | Direct Taxes | Transaction Advisory | Regular Compliance and Reporting | Tax Assessments | International Taxation Advisory | Capital Structuring | Withholding tax advisory | Expatriate Tax Reporting | Litigation | Badges | Club Badges | Seals | Military Insignias | Emblems | Family Crest | Software Development India | Software Development Company | SEO Company | Web Application Development | MLM Software | MLM Solutions