The Committee for Cooperatives & NPO Sectors, ICAI, New Delhi invites research proposals on Cooperatives & NPO Sectors from eligible candidates
June, 01st 2012
CALL FOR RESEARCH PROPOSALS:
The Committee for Cooperatives & NPO Sectors, a non-standing committee of Institute
of Chartered Accountants of India, has been constituted in the year of 2011 with the
objectives which, inter alia, includes to develop necessary technical guides and
publications, to develop knowledge portal, to provide technical and governance inputs
through resource material, publications to management personnel and members of
governance of Cooperatives & NPO sectors and to provide uniform accounting
framework for cooperatives & NPO sectors.
As one of the key methods to achieve the above mentioned objectives, the Committee
invites research proposals from interested individuals. The committee funds the cost of
approved research proposals as per ICAI norms after evaluating the scope of research
study. Mentioned below are the guidelines and rules for the submission of research
proposals and implementation of the approved research proposal fund by the
1. The applicant must be member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
with a research aptitude having post qualification experience of working with or
engagement with cooperative & NPO sectors. or
2. The applicant must be holding a post-graduate degree from recognized
university and must have research and/or teaching experience on related topics.
3. Faculty of a recognized university or an institute of repute. or
4. A research scholar who is pursuing a Ph.D or other curriculum of recognized
university / institute of high repute.
However, application from a person having lesser experience than stated above may
also be considered on the basis of merit.
Eligibility of Project:
Projects will be supported to the extent that they are strategic in nature, have a strong
research dimension and contribute the strengthening of cooperatives & NPO sectors.
The Committee has identified certain research projects, which are given below:
1. Legal reform for cooperatives & NPO sectors.
2. Harmonization of accounting practices for cooperatives & NPO sectors.
3. Good governance in cooperatives & NPO sectors.
4. Financial management in cooperatives & NPO sectors.
5. Social Audit.
6. Accounting control system in cooperatives & NPO sectors.
7. Accounting frauds in cooperatives & NPO sectors.
8. Taxation of cooperatives & NPO sectors.
9. Global financial reporting practices in relation to cooperatives & NPO sectors.
10. Internal audit practices of global cooperative institutions / NPOs viz-a-viz their
Above list, however is not an exhaustive list of research projects. Applicant may apply
for other projects also provided that the subject selected is contemporary and relevant
in current environment of cooperatives & NPO sectors.
The duration of research project should not exceed 2 months from the date proposal is
approved by the committee unless longer period is otherwise justified.
1. Research Paper / Publication
2. Dissemination of good governance and best practices to cooperatives & NPO
3. Capacity building of the members of the profession and targeted beneficiaries as
may be agreed in the project.
Copyright and Patent:
Copyright, patent of intellectual property right would vest with the Committee for
Cooperatives & NPO Sectors, ICAI for any work done by applicant. The researcher,
however, would get due acknowledgement for his work.
Progress of the project would be subject to continuous monitoring of the committee.
Committee may, at any point of time during the project, request to the applicant to
provide details of work don / remaining, the draft of the project / publication etc. in
order to evaluate the implementation and progress. On finding of, project not being
carried out in accordance with the terms / conditions of research proposal or if work
done by researcher is unsatisfactory, the committee may consider the withdrawal of
project from researcher and if such being the case then the work already done would
become the property of Committee for Cooperatives & NPO Sectors, ICAI.
How to Apply:
Application should be submitted to:
Committee for Cooperatives & NPO Sectors
Third Floor, Annexed Building
CAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg,
New Delhi 110 002
Phone: +91 11 30110452
Note: Giving false information shall affect the candidacy negatively. If the applicant is
admitted to the research programme on the basis of false information furnished, it will
lead to expulsion from the research programme.