The Committee for Cooperatives & NPO Sectors, ICAI, New Delhi Invites Applications from Eligible Candidates for its Empanelment of Resource Persons.
June, 12th 2012
INVITATION FOR EMPANELMENT AS RESOURCE PERSONS:
The Committee for Cooperatives & NPO Sectors, a non-standing committee of Institute
of Chartered Accountants of India, has been constituted in the year of 2011 with the
objectives which, inter alia, includes to develop necessary technical guides and
publications, to develop knowledge portal, to provide technical and governance inputs
through training, workshops, resource material, publications to management personnel
and members of governance of Cooperatives & NPO sectors and to provide uniform
accounting framework for cooperatives & NPO sectors.
As one of the key methods to achieve the above mentioned objectives, the Committee
invites applications for the empanelment of resource person from eligible & interested
individuals who can share his/her valuable knowledge relating to the various issues of
cooperatives & NPOs in awareness programmes, seminars & workshops and research
and studies conducted by the Committee for Co-operatives & NPO sector.
1. The applicant must be member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
having post qualification experience of working with or engagement with cooperative
& NPO sectors or
2. The applicant must be holding a post-graduate degree from recognized
university and must have research and/or teaching experience on related topics or
3. Faculty of a recognized university or an institute of repute or
However, application from a person having lesser experience than stated above may
also be considered on the basis of merit.
Fields of Expertise:
Eligible individuals should have expert knowledge in the following areas:
1. Common Accounting System for Cooperative Societies
2. Accounting Standards Applicable to Cooperative Societies
3. Records, registers and documents to be maintained by Cooperative societies and
Responsibilities of Directors/Officers.
4. Concept of Social Audit in Co-operative sector
5. Legal reform for cooperatives & NPO sectors.
6. Compliance & Good Governance in cooperatives & NPO sectors.
7. Structuring and taxation of NPOs, Co-operative Societies and Charitable
8. Issues related to the Foreign Contributions Regulation Act, 2010, Rules,
regulations and guidelines framed thereunder and amendments made in this act.
9. Funding propositions of NPOs
10. Financial management in cooperatives & NPO sectors.
11. Direct & Indirect taxation of cooperatives & NPO sectors.
12. Global financial reporting practices in relation to cooperatives & NPO sectors.
13. Internal audit practices of global cooperative institutions / NPOs viz-a-viz their
14-Leveraging the power of social audit
15- Changes in FCRA
16- Risk Management in NPOs
17- Formation of NPOs and Charitable organizations
18- Importance of Compliance & Good Governance in Cooperatives & NPOs
19- Professional opportunities in the functioning of multi state cooperative
20- Audit of Cooperative credit societies & Cooperative Bank.
Above list, however is not an exhaustive list of expertise invited. Applicant having
expert knowledge in any other subject may apply provided that the subject selected is
contemporary and relevant in current environment of cooperatives & NPO sectors.
How to Apply:
Application should be submitted to:
Committee for Cooperatives & NPO Sectors
Third Floor, Annexed Building
CAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg,
New Delhi 110 002
Phone: +91 11 30110452