Latest Expert Exchange Queries

GST Demo Service software link: https://ims.go2customer.com
Username: demouser Password: demopass
Get your inventory and invoicing software GST Ready from Binarysoft info@binarysoft.com
sitemapHome | Registration | Job Portal for CA's | Expert Exchange | Currency Converter | Post Matrimonial Ads | Post Property Ads
 
 
News shortcuts: From the Courts | News Headlines | VAT (Value Added Tax) | Placements & Empanelment | Various Acts & Rules | Latest Circulars | New Forms | Forex | Auditing | Direct Tax | Customs and Excise | ICAI | Corporate Law | Markets | Students | General | Mergers and Acquisitions | Continuing Prof. Edu. | Budget Extravaganza | Transfer Pricing | GST - Goods and Services Tax
 
 
 
 
Popular Search: form 3cd :: list of goods taxed at 4% :: Central Excise rule to resale the machines to a new company :: empanelment :: articles on VAT and GST in India :: VAT Audit :: ACCOUNTING STANDARDS :: due date for vat payment :: TDS :: TAX RATES - GOODS TAXABLE @ 4% :: ICAI offer Get Windows 7,Office 2010 in Rs.799 Taxes :: ACCOUNTING STANDARD :: ARTICLES ON INPUT TAX CREDIT IN VAT :: cpt :: VAT RATES
 
 
« General »
 DHFL loan to Manpreet Estates under tax scan
 Council acts to ease cascading tax impact on petroproducts
 Income Tax comes a cropper tracking shell firms
 Income Tax returns: Is rental income from property taxable in hands of homeowners?
 Tax department to engage with corporates to spur receipts
 Furnish Form 67 to claim foreign tax credit in India tax return
 GST: Commerce ministry to write to finance ministry over trademark rule
 GST: Govt issues clarification to address service tax issues, misses key concerns
 How to file LUT/Bond for SEZ units under GST
 Exemption From Capital Gains On Sale Of Agricultural Land
 FinMin wants RBI to lower rates, boost domestic demand

IRDA FOR RAISING FDI CAP AHEAD OF LISTING
June, 11th 2010

New rules that stipulate a minimum 25 percent public shareholding in listed firms cant be implemented by insurance companies unless the government allows an increase in overseas ownership limits, the industry regulator has said.

The government has been reluctant to push through its own proposal to raise the foreign direct investment (FDI) limit to 49 percent from 26 percent in insurance companies fearing a backlash from trade unions and political parties, who oppose the move.

The FDI limit in life insurance has to be raised first to go with the recent minimum public shareholding norms, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (Irda) chairman J. Hari Narayan said. We are examining the situation.

In most insurance joint ventures, the foreign companies hold the maximum 26 percent stake, with the remaining 74 percent being held by the domestic promoter. Under company law, a 26 percent stake gives an entity the power to block any special resolution and foreign insurers will lose board power if their stake goes below the current level.

With foreign partners unwilling to dilute their stakes below 26 percent, since most have entered the business in anticipation of the limit being bumped up, the local partner will be forced to reduce its stake to 49 percent to meet the new norms. That could create its own complications since under Indian company law, a 51 percent stake ensures ownership.

 
 
Home | About Us | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us
Copyright 2017 CAinINDIA All Right Reserved.
Designed and Developed by Binarysoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Binarysoft Technologies - Our Portfolio

Transfer Pricing | International Taxation | Business Consulting | Corporate Compliance and Consulting | Assurance and Risk Advisory | Indirect Taxes | Direct Taxes | Transaction Advisory | Regular Compliance and Reporting | Tax Assessments | International Taxation Advisory | Capital Structuring | Withholding tax advisory | Expatriate Tax Reporting | Litigation | Badges | Club Badges | Seals | Military Insignias | Emblems | Family Crest | Software Development India | Software Development Company | SEO Company | Web Application Development | MLM Software | MLM Solutions