Inviting applications for filling up the posts of Chairperson and other Members of the Competition Commission of India.
June, 16th 2008
Applications are invited from Indian nationals in the format given in Annex I for the following posts of Chairperson and Members of the Competition Commission of India:-
* Chairperson - 1
* Member - 5
2. The selected candidates will be required to serve at the headquarters of the Competition Commission of India. The location of the CCI is likely to be in Delhi/NCR.
3. Qualifications: As per the Competition Act, 2002 a person of ability, integrity and standing and who has special knowledge of, and such professional experience of not less than fifteen years in, international trade, economics, business, commerce, law finance, accountancy, management, industry, public affairs or competition matters, including competition law and policy, which in the opinion of the Central Government, may be useful to the Commission is eligible for appointment as Chairperson, Member of the Competition Commission of India.
4. Age: Not more than 62 years as on 1.4.2008.
5. Salary: The Chairperson and Members at present, will draw pay in Government of Indias pay scale of Rs.26,000 fixed, in addition to allowances as admissible.
6. Tenure: Five years or till the age of 65 years, whichever is earlier.
7. Applications in the prescribed format, duly completed. should reach Shri U.K.Jindal, Deputy Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, A Wing, 5th Floor, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi 110 001 latest by 16th June, 2008.