ICAI International Study Tour to Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore (10 - 17 August, 2008)
June, 24th 2008
Diamond Jubilee Year Celebrations
ICAI International Study Tour to Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore 10 17 August, 2008 (8 Days and 7 Nights)
India has demonstrated a strong commitment to multilateralism in its trade policy while taking a keen interest in schemes of regional economic cooperation in Asia and has established / has been in dialogue for establishing bilateral agreements with various countries. With a view to tap the vast market existing for professionals like Chartered Accountants through such Agreements, and with a view to build sustainable capacity by providing members of the Institute an opportunity to interact with the international bodies in the aforesaid countries, the Committee on Trade Laws and WTO of the Institute jointly with Bhilai Branch of CIRC of the ICAI proposes to organise an International Study Tour to Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore during 10 17 August, 2008 for members, on self financing basis, in order to provide an opportunity to the members to gain an insight and exposure to the activities of various bodies, which will assist them in enhancing their understanding of the functioning of their systems and establish/strengthen a network of useful contacts with relevant experts from these interactions. The study tour would seek to hold discussions with counterpart organisations, stakeholders, members etc. and will have the following basic objectives:-
* Build sustainable capacity by providing participants an opportunity to see and interact with various officials in respective countries
* Facilitate understanding and steps towards networking of the accounting firms in India and respective countries
* Seek association for the research and developmental activities of the Institute in different fields
* Discuss the issues of qualification and ways to facilitate cooperation at firm level
* Develop an understanding to help trade and industry in the respective countries and facilitate inter-country trade and investment
Since, the delegation size would be limited, registration for the study tour would be on first-come-first-serve basis. The detailed itinerary for the study tour is being finalized and shall be intimated in due course to the confirmed participants. However, the study tour shall cover visits to Pattaya, Thailand (02 nights), Bangkok, Thailand (01 night), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (01 night), Genting Highlands, Malaysia (01 night), and Singapore (02 nights).
The cost of the above study tour has been tentatively fixed at:-
* Per person cost (adult) Ex-New Delhi by economy class on twin sharing basis: INR 60,000/- (INR Sixty Thousand only)
It would include:-
* Economy Class Airfare with applicable taxes Ex- New Delhi.
* All Single entry visas (Thailand, Malaysia & Singapore).
* All accommodation on twin sharing basis in 3 star hotels or similar
* All meals (Indian) : Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
* All transfers by private A/C coach inclusive of transfer from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore by road.
* Sight seeing activities in Pattaya, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Genting Highlands and Singapore including Sentosa Islands
* Cost of all entrance tickets / fees for the above mentioned sightseeing tours.
* Services of local tour guide.
* All current applicable Hotel & Government Taxes
For registration, the interested members may kindly send the registration form along with Passport, duly filled Visa application Forms (which may be downloaded from ICAI website http://www.icai.org), relevant enclosures and payment of full amount, as aforesaid, by Demand Draft only drawn in favour of The Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India payable at New Delhi so as to reach us latest by 15th of July 2008. For further details, please contact: Secretariat of the Committee on Trade Laws & WTO, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, PB No. 7100, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi 110 002, India. Ph +91 11 30110499, 39893989 (Extn. 499), fax +91 11 30110591, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .