* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
+ W.P.(C) 4138/2015 & CM No. 7507/2015 (Stay)
SAURABH BANERJEE ..... Petitioner
Through: Mr Abhinav Vashisht, Sr. Adv. with Mr
Rajat Joseph & Mr Sumeet Nagpal, Advs.
INCOME TAX OFFICER ..... Respondent
Through: Ms Suruchi Aggarwal, Sr. Standing
Counsel with Mr Abhishek Sharma, Adv.
HON'BLE MR. JUSTICE RAJIV SHAKDHER
1. The petitioner is aggrieved by the communication dated 08.04.2015
issued by the income tax officer.
2. Broadly, by virtue of this communication, the income tax officer has
put the petitioner to notice that the information sought by his wife; which is
an attested copy of the final assessment order passed in his case for
assessment year 2012-13, would be supplied, in case he prefers no objection.
2.1 The said communication, however, gives an opportunity to the
petitioner to file his objections.
2.2 Admittedly, the petitioner has filed his objections vide order dated
3. Ms Suruchi Aggarwal, who appears on advance notice on behalf of
the respondent, says that an appropriate order will be passed by the said
W.P.(C) 4138/2015 Page 1 of 2
authority and the order will be communicated to the petitioner.
4. Accordingly, the writ petition and the application are disposed of with
a direction to the respondent to pass an appropriate order on the objections
raised by the petitioner vide his communication dated 14.04.2015.
5. However, it is made clear, that the said order will not be given effect
to for a period of two weeks to enable the petitioner to examine the order
and, if necessary, take recourse to an appropriate remedy, albeit in
accordance with law.
6. It is also made clear, the period of two weeks will commence from the
date when the order is served on the petitioner.
RAJIV SHAKDHER, J
APRIL 27, 2015
W.P.(C) 4138/2015 Page 2 of 2