INTEGRATED PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE EXAMINATION / ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN EXAMINATION , MAY, 2012
May, 07th 2012
(Under the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988) NOTES FOR INFORMATION AND GUIDANCE OF APPLICANTS
1. Detailed instructions on filling up the exam forms online are enclosed. Candidates are advised to read, understand and follow the instructions carefully while filling up the form.
2. Filling up valid E-mail address, Mobile Number and Personal Identification Number (PIN) at the respective column(s) in the examination form is mandatory.
3. After filling up the form, check the same to see if all the details, (more particularly the fields relating to registration number, gender, medium, centre, and Group), have been filled in correctly before you proceed to make online payment.
4. Candidates are advised to keep a copy of the duly filled in exam form, for future reference.
5. Do not wrinkle / fold the PDF form while posting .
6. Exam fees is to be remitted Online only using Master/Visa Credit/Debit Card. Payment thru NetBanking is not accepted Read Paragraph 5 in this regard.
7. Attach the relevant enclosures while submitting the form.
8. Candidates may please note that despatch of physical admit cards is being discontinued with effect from May 2012 examination onwards. Admit cards, containing the photographs and signatures of the candidates, in respect of all candidates who are found eligible will be hosted on the website www.icai.nic.in normally 21 days prior to the commencement of the examination. Candidates are required to download/print the admit card from the website which will be valid for admission to the examination. Read Paragraph 11 in this regard.
9. For downloading/printing of the admit cards from the above mentioned website, candidates will have to enter the following:
Student registration number or bar code number printed on the examination form and
Personal Identification Number (PIN)
PIN is like a password. It is a four digit number of your choice entered in the relevant column in the examination form. You will not be able to download/print the admit card without this PIN. Hence, you are advised to memorise and keep the PIN safe for future reference.
10. Candidates have the option of writing the answers in Hindi or in English. Such option should be clearly exercised at the time of filling up the form. Read Paragraph 7 in this regard.
11. No change of centre, medium or group will be permitted, once opted.
12. Physically challenged candidates are advised to refer to Paragraph 8 carefully.
13. Candidates have the option of applying for the exam thru physical/OMR forms and the same can be purchased at a cost of Rs. 500/- from the regional offices/branches of the Institute. The cost of application form (Rs,500/-) shall not be charged if applications are filled in online. 14. Frequently Asked Questions on "Exemption(s) in a paper(s)" are hosted on the FAQ section of the Institute's website www.icai.org Candidates may visit the same for detailed clarifications.
15.Late Fee is applicable from 01stMarch 2012 to 7th March, 2012.
A. Last Date for Receipt of Printout of Exam Application form (PDF) filled Online Without Late Fee after affixing photograph and specimen signature and signing the declaration duly countersigned by a member of the Institute/Gazetted Officer is 5th March, 2012
B. Last Date for Receipt of Printout of Exam Application form (PDF) filled Online With Late Fee after affixing photograph and specimen signature and signing the declaration duly countersigned by a member of the Institute /Gazetted Officer is 12th March, 2012
16. Contact details: The Additional Secretary (Exams) Institute of Chartered Accountants of India ICAI Bhawan Indraprastha Marg New Delhi 110 002 Helpline Telephone Numbers: 0120-3054 851, 3054 852 , 3054 853, 3054 835. Fax Number: 0120-3054 841, 3054 843 E-mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org
17. Results will be hosted on www.caresults.nic.in Admit card will be hosted on www.icai.nic.in
1) The next Integrated Professional Competence Examination (IPCE) / Accounting Technician Examination (ATE) under the syllabus as specified by the Council in accordance with Regulation 28E (3) of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988 as amended vide the Chartered Accountants (Second Amendment) Regulations, 2008 (as published in the Gazette of India: Extraordinary, dated 3rd December, 2008) will be held in May, 2012. The students of Professional Competence Course or the erstwhile Professional Education - (Course II) and Intermediate Course covered under previous syllabus as per para 2 or 2A of schedule B to CA Regulations, 1988 now wishing to appear, if otherwise eligible and converted into Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC), have to fill up this form.Students converting from the erstwhile Intermediate, PE-II or Professional Competence Coursesmay see the Board of Studies Announcement No. BOS/Announcement/227/10 dated 5th February, 2010 hosted on the Institutes websitewww.icai.orgin the students section under Board of Studies Announcements.