Gopal Cold Storage, Lambhavel, Nadia Road Lambhwel, Anand V/s . Incom e Tax Officer, W ard-2,
May, 29th 2012
IN THE INCOME TAX APPELLATE TRIBUNAL
AHMEDABAD BENCH "A" AHMEDABAD
Before Shri, A.K.Garodia, Accountant Member and
Shri Kul Bharat, Judicial Member
IT(SS)A No.222/Ah d/2010
Assessm ent Year:1999-00
Gopal Cold Storage, V/s . Incom e Tax Officer,
Lambhavel, Nadia Road, W ard-2,
Lambhwel, Anand Anand
PAN No. AGFG6927L
(Appellant) .. (Respondent)
/By Appellant None
/By Respondent Shri Ravindra Kumar CIT-DR
/Date of Hearing 28-05-2012
/Date of Pronouncement 28-05-2012
PER Kul Bharat, Judicial Member:-
This appeal by the assessee is arising out of the order of Ld.
Commissioner of Income-tax (Appeals)-IV, Baroda in appeal No. CAB/IV-A-4/08-09
dated 25-01-2010. The assessment was framed by Income Tax Officer, Ward-2 u/s.
153A(b) r.w s. 144 and 263 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (hereinafter referred to as
`the Act') for the assessment year 1999-00.
2. At the out set, it is seen from the records that notice has been issued through
RPDA to the assessee on 21-05-2012 with remarks "not receipt". However, on the
date of hearing on 28-05-2012 none appeared on behalf of the assessee nor filed
any adjournment petition. This shows that the assessee is not interested in
prosecuting this appeal.
IT(SS)A No.222Ahd/2010 A.Y. 1999-00
Gopal Cold Storage . v. ITO Wd-2 Anand Page 2
3. In view of these facts, it is clear that the assessee is not interested in
prosecuting this appeal, and is accordingly, following the decision of the Multiplan
(India) (P) Ltd., (38 ITD 320), we dismiss these appeals filed by the assessee for
want of prosecution.
4. In the result, appeal filed by the assessee is dismissed for non-
Order pronounced in Open Court on the date mentioned
hereinabove at caption page.
(A.K.Garodia) (Kul Bharat)
(Accountant Member) (Judicial Member)
Copy of Order Forwarded to:-
3. Concerned CIT
4. CIT (A)
5. DR, ITAT, Ahmedabad
6. Guard file.
Strengthen preparation & delivery of orders in the ITAT
1) date of taking dictation 28/05 as per other
appeal's format of
2) direct dictation by Member straight on No
3) date of typing & draft order place before Member 28/05, 28/05
4) date of correction No
5) date of further correction --
6) date of initial sign by Members 28/05
7) order uploaded on 28/05
8) original dictation pad-part has been enclosed in the file No dictation
9) final order and 2nd copy send to Bench Clerk on 28/05