Pradeep Kumar Dalal C/o. Wisemen Cop Services P. Ltd. 3rd Floor, Flat No. 301, 1081/A-1 Mehrauli, New Delhi. Vs. ITO Ward-24(3), New Delhi.
April, 09th 2014
IN THE INCOME TAX APPELLATE TRIBUNAL
DELHI BENCH: `F' NEW DELHI
BEFORE SHRI R. S. SYAL, ACCOUNTANT MEMBER
SHRI A. T. VARKEY, JUDICIAL MEMBER
Pradeep Kumar Dalal Vs. ITO
C/o. Wisemen Cop Services P. Ltd. Ward-24(3),
3rd Floor, Flat No. 301, 1081/A-1 New Delhi.
Mehrauli, New Delhi.
Assessee by:- None
Revenue by:- Smt. Meenakshi Vohra, Sr. DR.
PER R. S. SYAL, AM :
This appeal by the assessee is directed against the order dated
29.06.2012 passed by the ld. CIT (A) XII, New Delhi in relation to the
assessment year 2007-08.
2. At the threshold we note that none appeared on behalf of the assessee
when this appeal was called for hearing. We find that proper notice of
hearing has already been given to the assessee. Under these circumstances,
in our considered opinion assessee is not interested in prosecuting the
2 I.T.A .No.-4916/Del/2012
appeal. As such we hold that this appeal is liable to be dismissed for non
prosecution. In this regard we place reliance upon following case laws:
1. CIT vs. Multiplan India Ltd. 38 ITD 320 (Del)
2. Estate of Late Tukojirao Holkar vs. CWT 223 ITR 480 (M.P.)
3. New Diwan Oil Mills vs. CIT (2008) 296 ITR 495 (P& H)
4. CIT vs. B. N. Bhattachargee And Another 118 ITR 461(SC)
3. Respectfully following the view taken in the cases cited (supra), we
dismiss this appeal filed by the assessee for non prosecution.
4. In the result, the appeal is dismissed.
Order pronounced in the open Court on 02/04/2014.
( A. T. VARKEY ) (R. S. SYAL)
JUDICIAL MEMBER ACCOUNTANT MEMBER
Copy forwarded to:
5. DR: ITAT
3 I.T.A .No.-4916/Del/2012
1. Draft dictated on PS
2. Draft placed before author 02/04/2014 PS
3. Draft proposed & placed before the JM/AM
4. Draft discussed/approved by JM/AM
5. Approved Draft comes to the 03/04/2014 PS/PS
6. Kept for pronouncement on PS
7. File sent to the Bench Clerk 03/04/2014 PS
8. Date on which file goes to the AR
9. Date on which file goes to the Head
10. Date of dispatch of Order.