Migration to GST of existing Central Excise / Service Tax Assessees
March, 03rd 2017
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
CENTRAL BOARD OF EXCISE & CUSTOMS
NORTH BLOCK. NEW DELHI-110001
Tel. : +91-11-23092628 Fax : +91-11-23092346
D.O.No. IV (33) 16/2016 - Systems
28th February, 2017
My Dear Colleague,
Subject: Migration to GST of existing Central Excise / Service Tax Assessees - reg.
Please refer to my DO letter IV(33) 16/2016-Systems dt. 27th Jan, 2017 on the above subject regarding setting up GST Migration Seva Kendras for smooth transition of existing taxpayers to GST.
2. The process of migration to GST has been going since 20.01.2017 in Central Excise (when all Provisional IDs were made available to taxpayers via ACES website) and since 09.02.2017 in Service Tax. This migration process is for CE/ ST taxpayers who are not getting migrated through State VAT.
3. The Zonal migration position (given by total activation on GST portal) is as below as on 25th Feb, 2017:
ST Zone Name
ProvisionaI IDs Issued
% age Enrolled
CX zone Name
Provisional IDs Issued
% age Enrolled
4. It is a matter of serious concern, that while the migration figure is in range of 50% to 90% for majority of States/UTs, the migration with respect of Central Excise/Service Tax assessees through CBEC is a paltry 2.94% in C.E. & 8.22% in S.T.
5. The information on migration of CE/ST Assessees is available on CBEC Antarang portal with Zone wise list of all CE/ST taxpayers who have been issued provisional IDs and list of taxpayers who have enrolled on GST. The enrolment list is updated on a daily basis.
6. I would urge all field formations to conduct more seminars and training in local language to encourage taxpayers to migrate early, by 31st March, 2017. Advertisements may also be brought out in local newspapers, TV Channels, FM Radio channels, etc in vernacular to ensure greater reach.
7. DG Systems, CBEC has launched an Android app "CBEC GST" (downloadable from Google Play store) to inform taxpayers about GST migration. Taxpayers could use 24 by 7 toll-free helpline at 1800-1200-232 or send mail at email@example.com or local GST Migration Seva Kendras, in case any assistance is needed.
8. CE/ST Taxpayers who have not yet activated their provisional IDs may be contacted via phone/ email etc. to migrate without further delay. PI contact Shri MANISH SAXENA, ADDL. DIRECTOR, SYSTEMS, NEW DELHI by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for cancellation/ alteration of IDs if any need arises or for resolution of any other issue relating to migration.
9. The progress of Migration to GST is being closely monitored at the highest level. Hence, I would urge you to bestow your personal attention and ensure speedy and smooth migration of the remaining CE/ST assessees without further delay. A weekly progress report may be emailed by each Zonal Chief Commissioner directly to me (email@example.com) in this regard on 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th March, 2017.