Clarifications on the Taxation and Investment Regime for Pradhan Mantri Garib ?Kalyan Yojana, 2016
March, 31st 2017
Circular No. 12 of 2017
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Direct Taxes
Dated: 31st of March, 2017
Clarifications on the Taxation and Investment Regime for Pradhan Mantri Garib
Kalyan Yojana, 2016
The Taxation and Investment Regime for Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, 2016
(hereinafter `the Scheme') has commenced on 17.12.2016 and is open for declarations upto
2. Representations have been received from various stakeholders regarding difficulties in
uploading of declaration in Form No.1 under the Scheme. Instances have been
communicated wherein despite making payment of tax, surcharge, penalty and deposit under
the Scheme, Challan Identification Number / deposit reference number with respect to the
payment of tax, surcharge, penalty and deposit under the Scheme has not been provided by
the banks. Consequently, the assessees are unable to upload Form No.1.
3. Considering the rush in banks during last days of financial year, which also happens to
be the last date of filing declaration under the Scheme, CBDT has decided that if an assessee
has made payment of tax, surcharge, penalty and deposit under the Scheme, in the banks by
the closing hours of 31st March, 2017, he shall be allowed to file declaration in Form
No.1under the Scheme by the 10th of April, 2017.
(Dr. T. S. Mapwal)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
1. PS to FM/ OSD to FM/ OSD to MoS(R).
2. PS to Secretary (Revenue).
3. The Chairman, Members and all other officers in CBDT of the rank of Under Secretary
4. All Pr. Chief Commissioners/ Pr. Director General of Income-tax with a
request to circulate amongst all officers in their regions/ charges.
5. Pr. DGIT (Systems)/ Pr. DGIT (Vigilance)/ Pr. DGIT (Admn.)/ Pr. DG
(NADT)/ Pr. DGIT (L&R).
6. CIT (M&TP), CBDT.
7. Web manager for posting on the departmental website.