CCONPO Invites the Applications from Eligible Candidates to be Empanelled as Resource Person.
March, 14th 2013
INVITATION FOR EMPANELMENT AS RESOURCE PERSONS:
The Committee for Cooperatives and NPO Sectors is a non standing Committee of the Institute
of Chartered Accountants of India formed under the regulatory provisions of the Chartered
Accountants Act, 1949 in the month of February 2011 by the President of ICAI, to identify issues
and opportunities in the Co-operatives and NPO sectors, equip members and other stakeholders to
find a new niche for themselves and to maintain and develop the core competencies in the Co-
operatives and NPO.
One of the objective of the committee includes development of necessary technical guides and
publications, to develop knowledge portal, to provide technical and governance inputs through
training, workshops, resource material, publications to management personnel and members of
governance of Cooperatives & NPO sectors and to provide uniform accounting framework for
cooperatives & NPO sectors.
In order to achieve the above mentioned objectives, the Committee invites applications for the
empanelment of resource person from eligible & interested individuals who can share his/her
valuable knowledge relating to the various issues of cooperatives & NPOs in awareness
programmes, seminars & workshops and research and studies conducted by the Committee for
Co-operatives & NPO sector.
1. The applicant must be member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India having post
qualification experience of working with or engagement with cooperative & NPO sectors, or
2. The applicant must be holding a post-graduate degree from recognized university and must
have research and/or teaching experience on related topics, or
3. Faculty of a recognized university or an institute of repute.
However, application from a person having lesser experience than stated above may also be
considered on the basis of merit.
Fields of Expertise:
Eligible individuals should have expert knowledge in the following areas:
1. Formation and registration of Cooperatives & NPOs.
2. Professional opportunities in Cooperatives & NPOs.
3. Recent Changes in Co-operative law due to 97th Constitutional amendment
4. Co-operatives as a Business Model and Role of CAs in encouraging such business
Model for better India
5. Statutory Compliance & applicable provisions -- special features applicable for Co-
operatives and NPOs
6. Accounting, Auditing & Reporting thereof - special features applicable for Co-
operatives and NPOs
7. Auditing & Reporting of Co-operative Banks -- special features applicable for Co-
operatives as per RBI, NABARD, etc.
8. Taxation issues pertaining to Co-operative Societies and Non-Profit Organizations.
9. Concept of Social Audit.
10. Legal reform for cooperatives & NPO sectors.
11. Compliance & Good Governance in cooperatives & NPO sectors.
12. Need for financial reengineering for Cooperatives & NPOs
13. Issues r e l a t e d t o t h e F o r e i g n C o n t r i b u t i o n s R e g u l a t i o n A c t ,
2 0 1 0 , R u l e s , regulations and guidelines framed thereunder and amendments made
in this act.
14. Funding propositions of NPOs
15. Global financial reporting practices in relation to cooperatives & NPO sectors.
16. Risk Management in NPOs
Above list, however is not an exhaustive list of expertise invited. Applicant having expert
knowledge in any other subject may apply provided that the subject selected is contemporary
and relevant in current environment of cooperatives & NPO sectors.
How to Apply:
Application should be submitted to:
CA. Anuj Goyal
Committee for Cooperatives & NPO Sectors
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Plot No. A- 29
Sector- 62, NOIDA
Dist: Gautam Budh Nagar