Latest Expert Exchange Queries

GST Demo Service software link:
Username: demouser Password: demopass
Get your inventory and invoicing software GST Ready from Binarysoft
sitemapHome | Registration | Job Portal for CA's | Expert Exchange | Currency Converter | Post Matrimonial Ads | Post Property Ads
News shortcuts: From the Courts | News Headlines | VAT (Value Added Tax) | Placements & Empanelment | Various Acts & Rules | Latest Circulars | New Forms | Forex | Auditing | Direct Tax | Customs and Excise | ICAI | Corporate Law | Markets | Students | General | Mergers and Acquisitions | Continuing Prof. Edu. | Budget Extravaganza | Transfer Pricing | GST - Goods and Services Tax
Popular Search: ACCOUNTING STANDARD :: form 3cd :: Central Excise rule to resale the machines to a new company :: ACCOUNTING STANDARDS :: ARTICLES ON INPUT TAX CREDIT IN VAT :: articles on VAT and GST in India :: empanelment :: TAX RATES - GOODS TAXABLE @ 4% :: TDS :: ICAI offer Get Windows 7,Office 2010 in Rs.799 Taxes :: list of goods taxed at 4% :: due date for vat payment :: VAT Audit :: cpt :: VAT RATES
News Headlines »
 TDS on rent and other tax tasks to complete before March 31
 5 income tax changes which will come into effect from April 1, 2018
 Why you shouldn't be a last-minute tax filer
 How to calculate income tax for this assessment year on Moneycontrol
 6 Tax notices you may get and how to cope with them Income Tax Notice
 Deadline to pay advance tax ends tomorrow: Here is a step-by-step guide
  Central Goods and Services Tax (Second Amendment) Rules, 2018
 Income Tax Return Filing Deadline: Waiver On LTCG Tax To End On 31 March. Details Here
 Income tax returns (ITR) filing: Top mistakes that can be very costly
 Income Tax Return (ITR) filing: 6 last-minute things you can still do to save tax for FY17-18
 How to file Income Tax Returns online in 5 simple steps

IT dept knocks SC's door on Amitabh Bachchan's tax issue
March, 27th 2009

The Income-Tax department has approached the Supreme Court challenging the Bombay High Court order granting 30 per cent rebate in income tax under section 80 RR of the Income Tax Act to Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan on his income from the game show Kaun Banega Crorepati.

Amitabh had pleaded in the High Court that being an artist he was entitled to 30 per cent rebate in the income tax and was prepared to pay tax on the remaining 70 per cent.

The IT department, in its petition, has contended that Big B was not entitled to any rebate under Sec 80 RR of the IT Act and therefore the High Court should not have granted any relief to the Bollywood star on his income from the popular game show.

According to the Income-Tax department, the high court order cannot be sustained and is therefore liable to be set aside, it urged that Amitabh should be directed to pay tax on his income from the game show which raised him to new heights.

The petition, which was filed yesterday, is likely to come up for hearing next week.

Home | About Us | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us
Copyright 2018 CAinINDIA All Right Reserved.
Designed and Developed by Binarysoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Article Management Solutions System Article Management Software S

Transfer Pricing | International Taxation | Business Consulting | Corporate Compliance and Consulting | Assurance and Risk Advisory | Indirect Taxes | Direct Taxes | Transaction Advisory | Regular Compliance and Reporting | Tax Assessments | International Taxation Advisory | Capital Structuring | Withholding tax advisory | Expatriate Tax Reporting | Litigation | Badges | Club Badges | Seals | Military Insignias | Emblems | Family Crest | Software Development India | Software Development Company | SEO Company | Web Application Development | MLM Software | MLM Solutions