Procedure /Details for Grant of Compensatory Time/Writers Help in case A Candidate Applies for The First Time i.e. Where A Candidate has not already been issued Permanent Concession Card issued by The Institute.
February, 18th 2014
2. PROCEDURE/DETAILS FOR GRANT OF COMPENSATORY TIME/WRITER'S HELP IN CASE A CANDIDATE
APPLIES FOR THE FIRST TIME i.e. WHERE A CANDIDATE HAS NOT ALREADY BEEN ISSUED PERMANENT
CONCESSION CARD ISSUED BY THE INSTITUTE.
1. Application in candidate's own hand writing. In respect of candidates, who cannot write, their
representatives may write on behalf of the candidate (stating the relationship with him/her) and
forward the application. Those who require the facility of writer should clearly mention the same in
2. Certified true copy of the certificate issued by Doctor of not less than the level of Civil Surgeon of
Government Hospital to the effect that the disability is of permanent nature and specifying clearly the
nature and extent of permanent disability.
3. Certified true copies of the permission, if any, granted by the State Higher Secondary Board/University
in candidate's 10+2 or degree examinations in which he/she had appeared.
4. Attested (by a member of the Institute or a Gazetted officer) full size (Post Card), latest photograph
indicating name of the candidate on the photograph itself.
5. Two copies of colour passport size photos (4.5x3.5 cm) taken within last 3 months, for concession
6. Any other document in support of request for grant of the facility of a writer and/or extra time as
7. The application for issue of Permanent Concession Card should not be sent along with the examination
8. The candidates can send their request for issue of concession card preferably at the time of applying
for admission to examination. However, such request should be sent to the office prior to 10th
October/10th April for November/May examination respectively.
9. The handwritten application/request letter with enclosures as mentioned at 2 to 6 above may be sent
The Additional Secretary (Exams.)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
New Delhi 110 002
10. The Permanent Concession Card will be valid for a period of five years from the date of issue of such
card or the candidate passing Final Examination whichever happens earlier. On expiry of such period
the concession card will have to be returned to the Institute.
11. Any misuse of the Permanent Concession Card shall tantamount to adoption of unfairmeans within the
meaning of Regulation 41 of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988.
12. CPT candidates who are issued with a Permanent Concession Card, on passing CPT and registering for
Intermediate (IPC) course may forward the card to the Institute for updation.
13. For details of Guidelines for provision of compensatory time, writer etc., please visit www.icai.org