Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Amendment Rules, 2018
January, 29th 2018
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS
New Delhi, 26th January, 2018
G.S.R... (E)- In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (1) and (2) of section 469 of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014, namely:
1. (1) These rules may be called the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Amendment Rules, 2018.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014 (hereinafter referred to as the principal rules), in rule 9,
(A) for the marginal heading, the following marginal heading shall be substituted, namely:-
"Application for allotment of Director Identification Number before appointment in an existing company";
(B) for sub-rule (1), the following shall be substituted, namely:-
(1) Every applicant, who intends to be appointed as director of an existing company shall make an application electronically in Form DIR-3, to the Central Government for allotment of a Director Identification Number (DIN) along with such fees as provided under the Companies (Registration Offices and Fees) Rules, 2014. Provided that in case of proposed directors not having approved DIN, the particulars of maximum three directors shall be mentioned in Form No.INC-32 (SPICe) and DIN may be allotted to maximum three proposed directors through Form INC-32 (SPICe)";
(C) in sub-rule (3),
(I) In sub-clause (a), after sub-clause (iii), the following sub-clause shall be inserted, namely:-
"(iiia) board resolution proposing his appointment as director in an existing company",
(II) for clause (b), the following clause shall be substituted, namely:-
"(b) Form DIR-3 shall be signed and submitted electronically by the applicant using his or her own Digital Signature Certificate and shall be verified digitally by a company secretary in full time employment of the company or by the managing director or director or CEO or CFO of the company in which the applicant is intended to be appointed as director in an existing company,".
3. In annexure to the principal rules,
(A) for form No. DIR-3 the following form shall be substituted, namely:-