2. Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has updated its Statement on the subject and document 'Improving Global AML/CFT Compliance: on-going process' on October 24, 2014. The statement /document can be accessed from the following URLs :
3. Authorised Persons (Indian Agents) are accordingly advised to consider the information contained in the enclosed statement.
4. This, however, does not preclude Authorised Persons (Indian Agents) from legitimate transactions with these countries and jurisdictions.
5. These guidelines would also be applicable mutatis mutandis to all Sub-Agents of the Indian Agents under MTSS and it will be the sole responsibility of the APs (Indian Agents) to ensure that their Sub-agents also adhere to these guidelines.
6. Authorised Persons (Indian Agents) may bring the contents of this circular to the notice of their constituents concerned.
7. The directions contained in this Circular have been issued under Section 10(4) and Section 11(1) of the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (42 of 1999) and also under the, Prevention of Money Laundering Act, (PMLA), 2002, as amended by Prevention of Money Laundering (Amendment) Act, 2009 and Prevention of Money-Laundering (Maintenance of Records of the Nature and Value of Transactions, the Procedure and Manner of Maintaining and Time for Furnishing Information and Verification
and Maintenance of Records of the Identity of the Clients of the Banking Companies, Financial Institutions and Intermediaries) Rules, 2005 as amended from time to time and are without prejudice to permission/approvals, if any, required under any other law.