Central Excise Rules - CHAPTER XIII Matters relating to settlement of cases
January, 14th 2011
CHAPTER XIII OTHER MATTERS RELATING TO APPEALS
220. Form and manner of Application.- (1) An application under sub-section (1) of section 32E of the Act, to the Customs and Central Excise Settlement Commission shall be made in Form SC (E)-1 and shall be accompanied by a fee of one thousand rupees.
(2) The application referred to in sub-rule (1), the verification contained therein and all relevant documents accompanying such application shall be filled in quintuplicate and be signed by the person specified in sub-rule (2) of Rule 213.
220A. Disclosure of information in the application for settlement of cases.- (1) The Settlement Commission may, while calling for a report from the Commissioner of Central Excise under sub-section (1) of section 32F of the Act, forward a copy of the application referred to in sub-rule (1) of Rule 220 (other than the annexure and the statement and other documents accompanying such annexure).
(2) Where an order under sub-section (1) of section 32F of the Act, has been made to proceed with the application by the Settlement Commission, the information contained in the Annexure to the application in Form SC(E)-1 and the statements and other documents accompanying such annexure shall be sent to the Commissioner of Central Excise along with a copy of the said order.
220B. Manner of Provisional Attachment of Property.- (1) Where the Settlement Commission, orders attachment under sub-section (1) of section 32G of the Act, it shall send a copy of such order to the Commissioner of Central Excise having jurisdiction over the place in which the applicant owns any movable or immovable property or resides or carries on his business or has his bank account.
(2) On receipt of the order referred to in sub-rule (1). the Commissioner may authorise any officer subordinate to him and not below the rank of an Assistant Commissioner of Central Excise to take steps to attach such property of the applicant.
(3) The officer authorised under sub-rule (2) shall prepare an inventory of the property attached and specify in it, in the case of the immovable property the description of such property sufficient to identify it and in case of the movable property the place where such property is lodged or kept and shall hand over a copy of the same to the applicant or to the person from charge the property is attached.
(4) The officer authorised under sub-rule (2) shall send a copy of the inventory so prepared each to the Commissioner of Central Excise and the Settlement Commission.
220C. Fee for Copies of reports.- Any person who, under section 32J of the Act, makes an application for obtaining copies of reports made by any Central Excise Officer, shall pay a fee of five rupees per page of each report or part thereof.