Latest Expert Exchange Queries

GST Demo Service software link: https://ims.go2customer.com
Username: demouser Password: demopass
Get your inventory and invoicing software GST Ready from Binarysoft info@binarysoft.com
sitemapHome | Registration | Job Portal for CA's | Expert Exchange | Currency Converter | Post Matrimonial Ads | Post Property Ads
 
 
News shortcuts: From the Courts | News Headlines | VAT (Value Added Tax) | Placements & Empanelment | Various Acts & Rules | Latest Circulars | New Forms | Forex | Auditing | Direct Tax | Customs and Excise | ICAI | Corporate Law | Markets | Students | General | Mergers and Acquisitions | Continuing Prof. Edu. | Budget Extravaganza | Transfer Pricing | GST - Goods and Services Tax
 
 
 
 
Popular Search: Central Excise rule to resale the machines to a new company :: empanelment :: due date for vat payment :: articles on VAT and GST in India :: list of goods taxed at 4% :: VAT RATES :: form 3cd :: ICAI offer Get Windows 7,Office 2010 in Rs.799 Taxes :: VAT Audit :: ARTICLES ON INPUT TAX CREDIT IN VAT :: TAX RATES - GOODS TAXABLE @ 4% :: ACCOUNTING STANDARD :: cpt :: TDS :: ACCOUNTING STANDARDS
 
 
« From the Courts »
 Samvardhana Motherson International Ltd. (Formerly Known As(M/s Samvardhana Motherson Finance Ltd.)a Vs. Assitant Commissioner Of Income Tax, Circle 22(1) & Anr.
 Pr. Commissioner Of Income Tax (Central)-2 Vs. M/s Frontline Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd. & Ors.
 Ram Kumar Vs. Income Tax Officer, Ward-64(2) & Anr.
 Principal Commissioner Of Income Tax-8 Vs. St Microelectronics Private Ltd.
  The Chamber Of Tax Consultants vs. UOI (Delhi High Court)
 M/s Ess Distribution (Mauritius) S.N.C.Et Compagnie Vs. Assistant Commissioner Of Income Tax, Circle -1(2)(2) International Taxation, New Delhi
 Commissioner Of Income Tax (Ltu) Vs. ESPN Software India Ltd.
 Bses Rajdhani Power Ltd. Vs. Principal Commissioner Of Income Tax,
 ITO vs. Gymkhana Club (ITAT Chandigarh)
 SRD Nutrients Private Limited vs. CCE (Supreme Court)
 The Commissioner Of Income Tax-Exemption Vs. The Fertilizers Association Of India

I-T challenges Bachchans Tax payments
January, 16th 2009

The Bombay High Court on Thursday had admitted the appeal made by the Income Tax (I-T) department against Amitabh Bachchan in an alleged tax evasion case.

The I-T had challenged the order passed by the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) which had ruled in the favor of Bachchan in an alleged tax evasion on the income earned by the latter from the Rs. 23 crore contract.

Bachchan had entered the Rs. 23 crore contract in 2000-01 with E. Entertainment Pvt Ltd (EEL) and Star Entertainment Ltd (SEL) to host the reality show Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC).

The division bench of Justice F I Rebello and Justice R S Mohite while admitting the appeal expressed shock on the order passed by the ITAT. While reffering the 30-70 percent distribution of income between Bachchan and his company (ABCL), Justice Rebello remarked The tribunal cannot decide whose income it is.

On the other hand council for the I-T, Beni chatterji and G. C. Srivastava said that Bachchan had filed his returns on October 31st, 2001. While filing the returns Bachchan had discharged only 30 percent of the Rs. 23 crore earned from KBC as his income. The remaining 70 percent he claimed was the payment received by ABCL.

Nevertheless, I-T in its appeal had mention that even tax was deducted in this regard and TDS certificate was issued in the name of Bachchan and not in the name of ABCL.

However, on May 18, 2005, the ITAT had accepted Bachchans arguments and also allowed him tax exemption on the alleged payment to ABCL.

 
 
Home | About Us | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us
Copyright 2017 CAinINDIA All Right Reserved.
Designed and Developed by Binarysoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Software Development Software Programming Software Engineering Custom Software Development Requirement Based Software Development Software Solutions Software Serv

Transfer Pricing | International Taxation | Business Consulting | Corporate Compliance and Consulting | Assurance and Risk Advisory | Indirect Taxes | Direct Taxes | Transaction Advisory | Regular Compliance and Reporting | Tax Assessments | International Taxation Advisory | Capital Structuring | Withholding tax advisory | Expatriate Tax Reporting | Litigation | Badges | Club Badges | Seals | Military Insignias | Emblems | Family Crest | Software Development India | Software Development Company | SEO Company | Web Application Development | MLM Software | MLM Solutions