Latest Expert Exchange Queries

GST Demo Service software link: https://ims.go2customer.com
Username: demouser Password: demopass
Get your inventory and invoicing software GST Ready from Binarysoft info@binarysoft.com
sitemapHome | Registration | Job Portal for CA's | Expert Exchange | Currency Converter | Post Matrimonial Ads | Post Property Ads
 
 
News shortcuts: From the Courts | News Headlines | VAT (Value Added Tax) | Placements & Empanelment | Various Acts & Rules | Latest Circulars | New Forms | Forex | Auditing | Direct Tax | Customs and Excise | ICAI | Corporate Law | Markets | Students | General | Mergers and Acquisitions | Continuing Prof. Edu. | Budget Extravaganza | Transfer Pricing | GST - Goods and Services Tax
 
 
 
 
Popular Search: ARTICLES ON INPUT TAX CREDIT IN VAT :: articles on VAT and GST in India :: ICAI offer Get Windows 7,Office 2010 in Rs.799 Taxes :: form 3cd :: TAX RATES - GOODS TAXABLE @ 4% :: ACCOUNTING STANDARD :: cpt :: due date for vat payment :: VAT Audit :: empanelment :: TDS :: list of goods taxed at 4% :: Central Excise rule to resale the machines to a new company :: VAT RATES :: ACCOUNTING STANDARDS
 
 
News Headlines »
 Section 35 of the Income-tax Act?
 Notification regarding extension of last date w.r.t submission of closing stock by dealer.
 Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST) Rules, 2017 (As on 15.11.2017)
 Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Rules,2017 (As on 15.11.2017)
  101st Constitution Amendment Act, 2016
 Pr. Commissioner Of Income Tax-6 Vs. Mccain Foods India Pvt. Ltd.
 Section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961
 Income tax returns filing: No tax on gift received from relatives in form of cash
 Income tax returns (ITR): Here is why you need to pay higher tax on other incomes
 GST Update On Issuance Of Debit Notes And Credit Notes
 How Mutual Fund Investments Can Help Save Income Tax

It's advantage Big B, gets Rs 51 cr tax free
January, 05th 2007

Superstar Amitabh Bachchan has got a major reprieve from a tribunal that ruled against Income Tax Department's plea to tax the entire amount of about Rs 51 crore earned from hosting blockbuster game show Kaun Banega Crorepati.

The Income Tax Appellate Tribunal upheld an order of Commissioner (Appeals) and rejected I-T department's arguments that the entire income of Rs 50.92 crore was taxable.
 
Bachchan had contended that as per Section 80RR of the Income Tax Act, 30 per cent of the earnings that accrued to him were not taxable since he was an artist and the remaining 70 per cent, which went to the account of Amitabh Bachchan Corporation Ltd, could be taxed.

Section 80RR provides relief to an Indian artist earning foreign exchange if he brings back the remuneration to India.

However, I-T department was of the view that Bachchan was an anchor and not an artist in the television show. Moreover, the income must be earned outside India and the person should go out of India, it argued.

The payment was received from E-Entertainment Ltd, a foreign company incorporated in the British Virgin Island. The department said the entire show was shot in India at a studio in Mumbai provided by Star India Pvt Ltd and so, no tax relief should be granted.

The department had directed Bachchan to pay tax on 30 per cent of Rs 50.92 crore, saying he was not entitled to claim deduction, prompting him to approach Commissioner (Appeals).

The Commissioner had ruled in favour of the megastar. The decision has now been upheld by the Tribunal, which accepted the contention that the game show demanded exhibition of skill as an artist.

 
 
Home | About Us | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us
Copyright 2017 CAinINDIA All Right Reserved.
Designed and Developed by Binarysoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Binarysoft Technologies - Our Team

Transfer Pricing | International Taxation | Business Consulting | Corporate Compliance and Consulting | Assurance and Risk Advisory | Indirect Taxes | Direct Taxes | Transaction Advisory | Regular Compliance and Reporting | Tax Assessments | International Taxation Advisory | Capital Structuring | Withholding tax advisory | Expatriate Tax Reporting | Litigation | Badges | Club Badges | Seals | Military Insignias | Emblems | Family Crest | Software Development India | Software Development Company | SEO Company | Web Application Development | MLM Software | MLM Solutions