ICAI invites applications from highly competent candidates for the position of SECRETARY.
December, 03rd 2013
THE INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS OF INDIA
(Premier professional body set up by an Act of Parliament)
ICAI Bhavan, Indraprastha Marg, Post Box No. 7100, New Delhi 110 002.
ICAI invites applications from highly competent candidates for the position of
ICAI, the second largest accounting body in the world, set up by an Act of Parliament, is looking
for a high profile and multi-faceted personality with leadership qualities, excellent
communication, interpersonal and motivational skills for the position of Secretary. This is an
EXCELLENT opportunity for high calibre professionals to join a world class accounting
organization and make an impact on the national level.
SECRETARY (which is a statutory position) Location: New Delhi
· To act as the Secretary of the Council of ICAI, which is the governing body managing the
affairs of ICAI.
· Largely responsible for furthering the Institute's objectives of promotion and regulation of the
Accountancy Profession, by being in constant touch with other statutory / regulatory /
professional bodies within and outside India and the Governments and the Society at large.
· As a conceptualist, to sustain and further enhance the image of the profession externally with
various Government Ministries / Departments like Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Ministry of
Finance, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Office of the C&AG, Ministry of Law and
Justice; Regulators such as RBI, SEBI, IRDA, etc., and Apex Industry Associations.
· To be the external face of ICAI with international and regional / sub-regional professional
accounting bodies, such as, IFAC, IASB, IAASB, CAPA, SAFA, etc.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Qualified Chartered Accountant with a high first class Degree from a renowned University.
· Post Qualification experience: 20 years or more in any renowned / reputed regulatory /
professional / educational body / institution in the Government, Public or Private Sector.
· Brilliant academic career, outstanding track record and also flair for taking up multifaceted
· Currently occupying a top management / managerial position (directly involved in policy
making and formulating strategies) reporting only to the Board of Directors / CEO of the
Between 40 to 55 years as on 31.03.2013 (relaxable in deserving cases)
Pay payable for the above position is negotiable, commensurate with post qualification experience,
qualification, academic track record etc. which among others, would seek to protect to the extent
feasible, the current salary drawn by the deserving candidates.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications consisting of a cover letter and up-to-date resume alongwith the prescribed application should
be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or couriered to the ABC Consultants at the address mentioned below
superscribing on the envelope "Application for the post of Secretary" within 15 days.
ABC Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
909 Hemkunt Tower,
98 Nehru Place,
New Delhi-110 019