Grail Research India Pvt. Ltd.(Now known as Integreon (I) Pvt. Ltd. Logix Techno Park, Plot No.5, Vs. Dy.CIT Circle-12(1) New Delhi.
December, 26th 2013
IN THE INCOME TAX APPELLATE TRIBUNAL
DELHI BENCH: `I' NEW DELHI
BEFORE SHRI R. S. SYAL, ACCOUNTANT MEMBER
SHRI C. M. GARG, JUDICIAL MEMBER
Grail Research India Pvt. Ltd. Vs. Dy.CIT
(Now known as Integreon (I) Pvt. Circle-12(1)
Ltd. Logix Techno Park, Plot No.5, New Delhi.
Sector 127 Ground Floor, Tower-D,
Revenue by:-Sh. Peeyush Jain, CIT. DR
PER R. S. SYAL, AM.
This appeal by the assessee is directed against the order dated
28.09.2012 passed by the DCIT, Circle 12(1), New Delhi in relation to the
assessment year 2008-09.
2. At the threshold, it is relevant to mention that none appeared on
behalf of the assessee when this appeal was called for. We find that proper
notice of hearing has already been given to the assessee. Under these
circumstances, in our considered opinion, the assessee is not interested in
prosecuting the appeal. As such we hold that this appeal is liable to be
dismissed for non prosecution. In this regard, we place reliance upon
following case laws:
1. CIT vs. Multiplan India Ltd. 38 ITD 320 (Del)
2. Estate of Late Tukojirao Holkar vs. CWT 223 ITR 480 (M.P.)
3. New Diwan Oil Mills vs. CIT (2008) 296 ITR 495 (P& H)
4. CIT vs. B. N. Bhattachargee And Another 118 ITR 461(SC)
3. In the result, the appeal filed by the assessee is dismissed.
Order pronounced in the open Court on 17/12/2013.
( C. M. GARG ) (R. S. SYAL)
JUDICIAL MEMBER ACCOUNTANT MEMBER
Copy forwarded to:
5. DR: ITAT
1. Draft dictated on 17-12-2013 PS
2. Draft placed before author 17-12-2013 PS
3. Draft proposed & placed before the 17-12-2013 JM/AM
4. Draft discussed/approved by Second JM/AM
5. Approved Draft comes to the Sr.PS/PS 17/12/2013 PS/PS
6. Kept for pronouncement on PS
7. File sent to the Bench Clerk 17/12/2013 PS
8. Date on which file goes to the AR
9. Date on which file goes to the Head Clerk.
10. Date of dispatch of Order.