amended by Notification No. 29/1999-Cus. (N.T.), dated 11/05/1999
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 157, read with clause (aa) of sub-section (2) of the said section of the Customs Act, 1962 (52 of 1962), hereinafter referred to as the Act, and in supersession of the Customs Application (Form) Regulations, 1991, except as respect things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Central Board of Excise and Customs hereby makes the following regulations, namely :-
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) These regulations may be called the Customs Refund Application (Form) Regulations, 1995.
(2) They shall come into force with effect from the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Form and manner of filing application for refund. - (1) An application for refund shall be made in the prescribed Form appended to these regulations in duplicate to the Assistant Commissioner of Customs or Deputy Commissioner of Customs, having jurisdiction over the Customs port, Customs airport, land customs station or the warehouse where the duty of customs was paid.
(2) The application shall be scrutinised for its completeness by the Proper Officer and if the application is found to be complete in all respects, the applicant shall be issued an acknowledgement by the Proper Officer in the prescribed Form appended to these regulations within ten working days of the receipt of the application.
(3) Where on scrutiny, however, the application is found to be incomplete, the Proper Officer shall, within ten working days of its receipt, return the application to the applicant, pointing out the deficiencies. The applicant may resubmit the application after making good the deficiencies, for scrutiny.
Explanation. - For the purposes of payment of interest under section 27A of the Act, the application shall be deemed to have been received on the date on which a complete application, as acknowledged by the Proper Officer, has been made.