Latest Expert Exchange Queries

GST Demo Service software link:
Username: demouser Password: demopass
Get your inventory and invoicing software GST Ready from Binarysoft
sitemapHome | Registration | Job Portal for CA's | Expert Exchange | Currency Converter | Post Matrimonial Ads | Post Property Ads
News shortcuts: From the Courts | News Headlines | VAT (Value Added Tax) | Placements & Empanelment | Various Acts & Rules | Latest Circulars | New Forms | Forex | Auditing | Direct Tax | Customs and Excise | ICAI | Corporate Law | Markets | Students | General | Mergers and Acquisitions | Continuing Prof. Edu. | Budget Extravaganza | Transfer Pricing | GST - Goods and Services Tax
Popular Search: list of goods taxed at 4% :: Central Excise rule to resale the machines to a new company :: VAT Audit :: ACCOUNTING STANDARDS :: due date for vat payment :: ACCOUNTING STANDARD :: form 3cd :: empanelment :: VAT RATES :: articles on VAT and GST in India :: TAX RATES - GOODS TAXABLE @ 4% :: ARTICLES ON INPUT TAX CREDIT IN VAT :: TDS :: cpt :: ICAI offer Get Windows 7,Office 2010 in Rs.799 Taxes
News Headlines »
 TDS on rent and other tax tasks to complete before March 31
 5 income tax changes which will come into effect from April 1, 2018
 Why you shouldn't be a last-minute tax filer
 How to calculate income tax for this assessment year on Moneycontrol
 6 Tax notices you may get and how to cope with them Income Tax Notice
 Deadline to pay advance tax ends tomorrow: Here is a step-by-step guide
  Central Goods and Services Tax (Second Amendment) Rules, 2018
 Income Tax Return Filing Deadline: Waiver On LTCG Tax To End On 31 March. Details Here
 Income tax returns (ITR) filing: Top mistakes that can be very costly
 Income Tax Return (ITR) filing: 6 last-minute things you can still do to save tax for FY17-18
 How to file Income Tax Returns online in 5 simple steps

Govt plans single agency for toll collection, audit
October, 16th 2006

To Check revenue leakage from toll collection, the government is planning to make the same agency responsible for toll collection and maintenance. The agency will be awarded work through competitive bidding on the basis of operate-maintain-transfer (OMT).

At present, operation and maintenance of independent toll audit systems and actual collection are done by two different agencies. In 90% of the cases, toll collection was being sponsored by the Directorate General of Resettlement (DGR). DGR is an inter-service organisation functioning directly under the ministry of defence. For the remaining 10%, the agency was selected through an auction system.

The toll collection agency will deposit the collections on behalf of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI). In return, NHAI will pay them a monthly sum for their services. The operations and maintenance agency, in the present system, is selected through a standard bidding system.

Under the new system, a single agency will be responsible for both works, and will be selected through competitive bidding on the basis of the highest upfront payment the agency is willing to make to NHAI. The latter has selected OMT as the financing model, an official in NHAI said.

This will check leakage in toll collection since the agency will have to recover its costs, he added. The government is in the process of finalising the bidding document and it should be finalised within the next six months, he said.

There are nearly 60 toll plazas across the country at the moment and the figure is likely to go up with the government giving highest priority to build-operate-transfer (BOT) toll projects. NHAI had been receiving some complaints from users of instances of tolling plazas overcharging users.

The new system is expected to address these issues and streamline the toll collection process. NHAI also makes routine checks at the tolling plazas through its project directors and by sending decoy customers.It also makes random checks and monitors each collection from time to time.

Home | About Us | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us
Copyright 2018 CAinINDIA All Right Reserved.
Designed and Developed by Binarysoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Multi-level Marketing MLM India Affiliate Marketing Affiliate Marketing Software MLM Software MLM Solutions Multi level marketing solutions MLM Servi

Transfer Pricing | International Taxation | Business Consulting | Corporate Compliance and Consulting | Assurance and Risk Advisory | Indirect Taxes | Direct Taxes | Transaction Advisory | Regular Compliance and Reporting | Tax Assessments | International Taxation Advisory | Capital Structuring | Withholding tax advisory | Expatriate Tax Reporting | Litigation | Badges | Club Badges | Seals | Military Insignias | Emblems | Family Crest | Software Development India | Software Development Company | SEO Company | Web Application Development | MLM Software | MLM Solutions